Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
640 Liverpool Road: a proposed subdivision of 10 x 3-storey affordable rental, condominium & live/work townhomes designed by Cassidy & Company for Liverpool Road Limited Partnership on the block bound by Liverpool Road to the east, Annland Street to the north and Wharf Street to the south in Pickering's Bay Ridges area.

Conceptual Site Plan:
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-5.png

Renderings from the Planning Rationale:
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-13.png
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-14.jpg
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-15.png
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-16.jpg
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-17.jpg
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-18.png
Planning-Rationale-Report-640-Liverpool-Rd-Jan-16-2023-19.jpg

Last edited:
This side of Frenchman's Bay is lacking waterfront trail that either provides views of the waterfront (lake/bay) or on a trail (mostly through residential streets). Don't know if this is even possible, but I asked local staff to see if looking at a small addition to the trail could be added here which would at least preserve continuous the only views of the bay (on the East side) from Progress park just further north of this site along the Bay. The documentation indicates the region actually owns a small sliver of land for sanitary sewer purposes between block 10 and the Outdoor Amenity Area below:

NewWaterfrontTrailProposal2.jpg

This side of Frenchman's Bay is lacking waterfront trail that either provides views of the waterfront (lake/bay) or on a trail (mostly through residential streets). Don't know if this is even possible, but I asked local staff to see if looking at a small addition to the trail could be added here which would at least preserve continuous the only views of the bay (on the East side) from Progress park just further north of this site along the Bay. The documentation indicates the region actually owns a small sliver of land for sanitary sewer purposes between block 10 and the Outdoor Amenity Area below:

View attachment 480056
So come off Annland just to go back up to Annland via Liverpool? Why

I think eventually they are going to fix the waterfront trail at Beachfront Park that washed out and re-route it back there

So come off Annland just to go back up to Annland via Liverpool? Why
@yoshirocks702 is correct, the Beachfront Park will be getting an elevated boardwalk with seperate cycle lanes and the trail will divert back down to the beach. In addition, the whole point of the trail is to bring users close to waters edge and not just directions through neighborhoods. If we have an opportunity to include more trail and waterfront then I'm all for it.

It could also be feasible in the distant future to have a trail that circumnavigates along the edges of the bay - Securing a segment now that we're developing (albeit small) is worth it.

@yoshirocks702 is correct, the Beachfront Park will be getting an elevated boardwalk with seperate cycle lanes and the trail will divert back down to the beach. In addition, the whole point of the trail is to bring users close to waters edge and not just directions through neighborhoods. If we have an opportunity to include more trail and waterfront then I'm all for it.

It could also be feasible in the distant future to have a trail that circumnavigates along the edges of the bay - Securing a segment now that we're developing (albeit small) is worth it.
I’ll believe it when I see it.
Pickering has been studying how to repave Sandy Beach road for 8 years now, can only imagine how long it’ll take for an elevated boardwalk…

They've already been taking soul samples along Beachfront last year? and are finishing the washrooms on the Westshore and beach rehab on that side. If memory serves correct, the plan was to start next year (maybe 25) and close one side at a time (starting with the east side) until completion (1-2 years).

As far as Sandy Beach, it just had a recent study completed just prior to covid in 2019 (which started in 2017). As with all projects funding is the key driver and may be why construction hasn't started with all the inflationary costs. Also a couple of infill projects and proposed road extensions along there including clements. Some of the warehouses were vacant so I don't see the rush.

Edit: from the city:
The consultant is currently working on the detail design of the Sandy Beach Road. The proposed road will be designed with curb and gutter and MUP on one side. The City had also issued a purchase order to the Elexicon to relocate the existing poles due to the proposed location of the multi-use-path. The Elexicon is currently working on the design for the poles relocation.

Last edited:
Couple of revised renderings from the applicant after receiving comments the original wasnt 'high quality'. First is looking north from Wharf with illustration of commercial at grade. Second are units along Wharf looking northwest.

I'm not sure this sticks with a nautical theme...
IMG_20230605_220402_edit_369261855186883.jpg

IMG_20230605_220413_edit_369221116188452.jpg

Couple of revised renderings from the applicant after receiving comments the original wasnt 'high quality'. First is looking north from Wharf with illustration of commercial at grade. Second are units along Wharf looking northwest.

I'm not sure this sticks with a nautical theme...
View attachment 483146
View attachment 483147
Very nice towns. Wonder what the price will be. It fits in with the rest of the port area

Back