This project should look a lot better than what was/is there, although not great, but I pity the tenants in the old building. This is moving at a snail\'s pace.

DSC03918.JPG

DSC03919.JPG

DSC03920.JPG

DSC03921.JPG

DSC03922.JPG

Yeah, I don't envy the folks who are tenants of the existing apartment building. Especially after living through the noise of the balcony replacement work. Especially if they have to study or WFH.

Yeah, I don't envy the folks who are tenants of the existing apartment building. Especially after living through the noise of the balcony replacement work. Especially if they have to study or WFH.
The balcony construction was nightmarish, along with what felt like wholesale unit renos because of all the vacancies from everyone that dipped because of the construction. 90+ dB frequently, with minimal communication of noise mitigation and construction progress. It's really not that bad now, but will definitely be happy to see it finish.

Earlier today:

IMG_2444.jpg
IMG_2445.jpg

Complete with a scrawling of "No more gentrification"

Apparently, the street address happens to be the Number of the Beast to NIMBYs and those dispossessed by the housing market.

I have edited the statement thanks to @Undead 's reply.

Last edited:
On the contrary, that word and tag is much more likely to come from someone dispossessed by the housing market and thus driven to an activist sentiment. Besides, nimbys put up anti development posters, not tag billboards.
...I have to admit, that's a fairly good distinction.

The Park that is tied to this proposal is in the budget for 2023.

Won't be fancy, $600,000 including design.

Back