Restore the original facade. Between this and the recladding of the Richmond-Adelaide Centre, we've lost what was once a nicely varied block to yet more blueish grey glass.

Today

C754BC64-3F3A-4198-9D72-991391B311F6.jpeg

57274BC8-DC2D-47BA-8685-D060DCD5771C.jpeg

1421C021-4906-4B00-BA1D-042B270E69E1.jpeg

The Spanish company who was supplying the curved glass went bankrupt in December. This is the reason for the delay to the cladding!
Any updates on this project after the glass supplier went bankrupt?
What has happened is that Tvitec in Spain purchased Cricursa in April. It has still been operating this entire time, but they were having issues leading up to the sale (obviously), which affected Flynn's ability to keep supplying curtainwall on this project.

Cricursa is a well known and reputable manufacturer of curved glass. One of the premier in the whole world, so it was good to see that it won't go down in flames.

Tvitec itself is very invested in the Canadian market (and USA as well), so I am sure they will get their job done.

Last edited:
Taken 8-27-22. The second picture is odd, in that you can see through the cladding to the brick on the building?

View attachment 423222

View attachment 423223

View attachment 423224

View attachment 423225

View attachment 423226
Yes, I think these brick walls are 'original' and (I assume) protect the telephone switching gear. The old cladding/windows (below) did not allow one to see the bricks but the (nice) new curved windows do. I assume/hope they have 'a plan'.

1661633791649.png

Agree. 76 Adelaide West was one of the most beautiful and elegant facades in the city. Would we enter a gallery, ask to see one of their best pieces, white wash, then paint something else just for the sake of modernizing? I guess that's the problem, many don't value buildings as part of our architectural heritage, just an asset to make money from.

It's still so hard to believe this historic building was desecrated like this. I don't understand how this managed to get past planning.
Not sure it's desecration but Planning has very little if anything to do with renovations. Except if a building is listed or designated.

Back