2266 Lakeshore East.jpg

Attachments

• 2266 Lakeshore East.jpg
    2266 Lakeshore East.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 1,277
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. 5468796 strikes again!

Very bold Symmetry, very bold!

Bold indeed but, it's time to start building. Flashy renderings only go so far. Just a little concerned. Tree House looks abandoned.

Tree House just hit 70% sales. It's not selling quickly but it is selling steadily. Should see some movement on that site shortly.

Okay, we have a front page story up here, with new renderings, and a detailed description of Lake & East's design planning. There is nothing quite like this building anywhere—as far as I've seen—and I am interested on hearing people's take on it, (even if it is slightly west of the Centre of the Universe). Check out the article and the dataBase file!

Love the design, but Oakville residents are going to scream bloody murder. I've lived in Oakville for 16 years and one thing I've learned is that we are sooooo regressive when it comes to the "D" word (density). Also, Oakvillians in general despise modern designs. Hope it gets approved, but don't hold your breath. I'd think we will see another re-design, to a less modern form.

Looks great. Love the fact that the design blends from sheer curtainwall(?) to open up to the balconies. I wish more balconies were treated in such a unique way.

This is an absolutely gorgeous building, and this part of Oakville definitely needs something that brings attention to it.

Love the design, but Oakville residents are going to scream bloody murder. I've lived in Oakville for 16 years and one thing I've learned is that we are sooooo regressive when it comes to the "D" word (density). Also, Oakvillians in general despise modern designs. Hope it gets approved, but don't hold your breath. I'd think we will see another re-design, to a less modern form.
As much as I want to agree and take yet another opportunity to shit on snobby Oakvillians, I think this building will be safe. There are already a handful of highrise buildings in the area so this won't exactly stick out like a sore thumb

This could spark some change for Bronte Village and make it a neighbourhood that offers more than just amenities for wealthy seniors

Update:
July, 2017
The development team is contemplating revising their Zoning By-law and Site Plan Amendment applications to appease the municipality’s height requirements. A potential revised application lowers the height of the proposed building, while increasing the amount of sellable gross floor area. The development team will be meeting with the Town of Oakville in July to discuss the application amendments.

Update:
October, 2017
The development team is refining the design concept for the tower based on feedback obtained from the City through formal and informal meetings. Kirkor Architects has now been retained for the project and the team is working on revised drawings to bring the project more in line with feedback from the municipality . A formal application for rezoning is anticipated by the end of the year.

Back