The development team is refining the design concept for the tower based on feedback obtained from the City through formal and informal meetings.

I think they mean town, not city! I know Oakville is city-sized but we really do pride ourselves on being called a "town".

it's a bunch of farcical self serving crap. You aren't a town if you have 200,000 people living there. Markham used to be the worst offender, but they changed to a city a few years ago. Now it's Richmond Hill and Oakville who need to change, and Milton isn't far behind.

This modern condominium apartment is planned as a 16-storey building with a ground floor retail component. Lake and East is the second project by the trio of Symmetry Developments, Engine Developments and Fortress Real Developments. Designed by Kirkor Architects, this unique project will have 196 residential units, with an average unit size of about 875 sf, with penthouses offering sweeping water views.

I'm fascinated to see how much of the original concept has been lost. You don't say "designed by Kirkor" if you don't mean it.

Prepare for garbage.

I'm fascinated to see how much of the original concept has been lost. You don't say "designed by Kirkor" if you don't mean it.

Prepare for garbage.

I was going to say, "Kirkor Architects has now been retained for the project and the team is working on revised drawings to bring the project more in line with feedback from the municipality" is a very long and strange euphemism for "5468796 is too interesting to work here so we need to dumb it down."

Update: https://fortressrealdevelopments.com/projects/lake-east/
January, 2018
A formal resubmission conforming to the new Official Plan height maximum will be submitted to the Municipality in the near future. Floor areas and unit count are very similar to the taller previous iteration, with a more efficient and cost-effective structure. Recent resale values of local mid-rises in the surrounding area have been selling as high as $900 per square foot.

Update: https://fortressrealdevelopments.com/projects/lake-east/
April, 2018
The redesign to align the proposal favourably with the new Bronte Official Plan is close to completion and will be submitted within the next quarter. The building is now 10 storeys via a wider, more robust mid-rise mass and yields a sellable area that is similar to the previous tower iteration.

Did we ever see updated renderings of the redesign?

No updates on the Oakville development portal

And as a result nothing.

IMG_7577.JPG
IMG_7578.JPG

Tragic that both projects in the GTA designed by 5468796 Architecture fell through. Hope a local developer brings them back again one day. One of the top Canadian firms outside Toronto, along with Saucier + Perrotte.

Perhaps a blessing in disguise. I'm fond of the phone number firm too. I haven't seen all of their project that have come to fruition. A high percentage are grossly value engineered of the ones I have. I can't imagine what Toronto developers would do. Their collective average has them number one in the nation on taking a competent design and making it look like s---.

Perhaps a blessing in disguise. I'm fond of the phone number firm too. I haven't seen all of their project that have come to fruition. A high percentage are grossly value engineered of the ones I have. I can't imagine what Toronto developers would do. Their collective average has them number one in the nation on taking a competent design and making it look like s---.
*Corporate registration number* ;)

Back