Yeah this was my video and when I was inside, the building had it's power cut. That means it will severely decline over the summer without HVAC. It would take a couple hundred thousand dollars to get it to a point where it could be re-used for a homeless shelter (which some are discussing in the press). This whole mess involving the building is so annoying and I think no matter what, James St will have to deal with this blight for a few more years.
IMG_6343.JPG
IMG_6344.JPG
IMG_6364.JPG
IMG_6366.JPG
IMG_6370.JPG
IMG_6361.JPG

You captured the anger I think we all feel so well. The original Eaton Centre was classic 80s/90s hubris, and every attempt to 'fix' it has been so half-assed and bound to fail. I'd prefer they demolish it all, rebuild the street grid as much as possible, and develop individual parcels instead of trying for another mega project.

Great video, as always, though.

You captured the anger I think we all feel so well. The original Eaton Centre was classic 80s/90s hubris, and every attempt to 'fix' it has been so half-assed and bound to fail. I'd prefer they demolish it all, rebuild the street grid as much as possible, and develop individual parcels instead of trying for another mega project.

Great video, as always, though.
Maybe we can get out the archives and actually rebuild the buildings they demolished lol..

Yeah this was my video and when I was inside, the building had it's power cut. That means it will severely decline over the summer without HVAC. It would take a couple hundred thousand dollars to get it to a point where it could be re-used for a homeless shelter (which some are discussing in the press). This whole mess involving the building is so annoying and I think no matter what, James St will have to deal with this blight for a few more years.

Excellent video as always Jake!

Back