The description is often posted at the same time as the application.

When it is not, it most often shows up within a week or so; but it can be as late as when the supporting documents are posted.

That can come as soon as a few days after the application appears in the AIC.

But it is typically 2-3 weeks.

That said, sometimes it can be longer.........though rarely does it go past about 5 weeks.

This project is the south-west corner only.

Wasn't the property on the SE corner part of this development proposal a while back? (go to page 1 of this forum). Why would they split it all of a sudden?

Wasn't the property on the SE corner part of this development proposal a while back? (go to page 1 of this forum). Why would they split it all of a sudden?

I'm not sure about 'sudden'.

If you reference CreateTO's projects page for Housing Now, which I will link below, the S/E corner and S/W corner are identified as discrete projects.

Hmmm, oddly Urban Toronto has 2 pins , one for each address, on the map, they show as 2 different addresses (770 and 805) but when you click through, they are both labelled as 770.

@interchange42 ; could you clarify this please? Thanks.

If you reference CreateTO's projects page for Housing Now, which I will link below, the S/E corner and S/W corner are identified as discrete projects.

Hmmm, oddly Urban Toronto has 2 pins , one for each address, on the map, they show as 2 different addresses (770 and 805) but when you click through, they are both labelled as 770.

Interesting... so I guess housing now folks will develop both the lands separately and the 770 one first. Other important facet is whether Doug Ford would approve this project because he probably needs both 805/770 don mills for the OL. So is this submission just for show I guess?

See: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...major-toronto-affordable-housing-project.html

Rezoning for both 770 and 805 Don Mills were submitted to the City as one package: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=1szOFLIuljbQgqILkP0fBw== (third link of 3), but we created two database files at the time, both pointing for the time being to this thread. Once some more advanced plans are submitted separately for 805 Don Mills we will create a new thread and redirect the second database file to it.

Site Video from CreateTO -

These revised 2021 numbers for the combined sites are 2,055 total-units with 685 affordable-units... which is about 14% smaller that what was proposed for housing on these lands before the Ontario Line encroachments on the sites..

In January 2020, CreateTO was expecting these lands to produce 2,377 total-units with 796 affordable-units.

1630524915376.png

PDF slides from last-night's HOUSING NOW Public-Meeting on the new Affordable-Housing & Mixed-Income Community at Don Mills Crossing are now posted - .https://createto.ca/housingnow/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/09/770_805-Don-Mills-HN-Community-Consultation-Meeting-Presentation-compressed.pdf

Don_Mills_Crossing_Site_Context_202109.png

HOUSING_NOW_07-770 Don Mills Road_202109.png

Don_Mills_Crossing_Site_Context_HN_COMMUNITY_202109.png

HOUSING_NOW_07-770 Don Mills Road_MIX_202109.png

HOUSING_NOW_07-770 Don Mills Road_SW_202109.png

CreateTO has also posted the public-meeting video to YouTube -

CreateTO has also posted the public-meeting video to YouTube -
Question for @HousingNowTO or anyone else here... My only question is and I believe I asked this before but what is the strategy in building this project. I don't think anyone is criticizing the project except maybe throw in another building and may make the shorter building taller but those are minor things in the grand scheme.

We all know Doug Ford has basically denied this project to be built at this time as he figures out his plan for Ontario Line and which space he will need 770 or 805 don mills or both or none or portions of it. How will you negotiate with Ford to get this project through the finish line asap because this projects seems completely dead before arrival. Not trying to be rude or demeaning but providing honest feedback.... See article

We all know Doug Ford has basically denied this project to be built at this time as he figures out his plan for Ontario Line and which space he will need 770 or 805 don mills or both or none or portions of it. How will you negotiate with Ford to get this project through the finish line asap because this projects seems completely dead before arrival. Not trying to be rude or demeaning but providing honest feedback.... See article

Our volunteers are quoted in that article (from JAN 2020), and asked explicit questions about Ontario Line timing impacts on the project - and Provincial funding for the new TDSB school during the Q & A in the video above.

At this point, the Ontario Line site impacts are MINOR - and only along the western-edge of the 805 DON MILLS site below. We were assured by CreateTO on the call that there are no interdependencies that would require Ontario Line to proceed - before the new neighbourhood can be constructed.

There's a METROLINX call tonight on the Ontario Station at Eglinton if you want more info -
image_2021-09-16_070449.png

Our volunteers are quoted in that article (from JAN 2020), and asked explicit questions about Ontario Line timing impacts on the project - and Provincial funding for the new TDSB school during the Q & A in the video above.

At this point, the Ontario Line site impacts are MINOR - and only along the western-edge of the 805 DON MILLS site below. We were assured by CreateTO on the call that there are no interdependencies that would require Ontario Line to proceed - before the new neighbourhood can be constructed.

There's a METROLINX call tonight on the Ontario Station at Eglinton if you want more info - View attachment 349276
I appreciate your clarification. Again I am in support of this project and also think you should make it more denser than it is but what it is now is sufficient as well.

My only concern is when dealing with Ford and his crown jewel it would be better to have an agreement in writing between all the stakeholders. Is Housing Now able to share a contract or some sort of document that it could rely on in a court of law because if all you have is the word of Metrolinx I would be very afraid. I am referring to an agreement where Metorlinx confirms they will not interfere with any bit of the project excluding the small amount one the western side of 805 don mills...

My second question after watching the Ontario Line Presentation and your housing now one as well is (I apologize if I missed this) but what is the construction timeline. Timeline more so what are the phases? Are all the buildings going to be put up on the same time or will the 770 don mills be developed first and then 805 Don Mills.

My third question is. Your power point with the renderings are a bit deceiving in terms of what is happening at the Eglinton and Ferrand Drive area more so to do with traffic management and street development. To be more specific and to confirm the presentation video.... In 2023 prior to any of the construction you folks will put up a signal light at Ferrand Drive and Gervais essentially connecting them. Is this correct? Do you have any renderings of how this will look that you can you can provide.

To carry that same thought you renderings in regards to Ferrand Drive are very confusing. Will the current Ferrand Drive be enclosed off? In the image attached your office provided earlier you can see Ferrand Drive is closed off so the only way to access it would be to go in a full loop or cut across Windom and continue the loop. The folks living in the area like this plan you folks had initially however the recent power point rendering is a bit hidden for this area so it looks like now you folks will not blocking off the current Ferrand Drive? (See slide 59 for what I am saying) If this is the new plan will the area lose their street parking? Can you share a rendering? for that area's plans a bit. It looks like there will be a very small strip separating Ferrand and Eglinton resulting in even more disruption for Ferrand owners.

Lastly, whats up with the shortness of the building at 805 Don Mills.... Why don't you get it taller? Area is permitted up to 48 stories...

Appreciate your thoughts on this. Job well done btw to you folks on getting this project so far. Lets see some shovels in the ground soon.

Ferrand.png

I appreciate your clarification. Again I am in support of this project and also think you should make it more denser than it is but what it is now is sufficient as well.

My only concern is when dealing with Ford and his crown jewel it would be better to have an agreement in writing between all the stakeholders. Is Housing Now able to share a contract or some sort of document that it could rely on in a court of law because if all you have is the word of Metrolinx I would be very afraid. I am referring to an agreement where Metorlinx confirms they will not interfere with any bit of the project excluding the small amount one the western side of 805 don mills...

My second question after watching the Ontario Line Presentation and your housing now one as well is (I apologize if I missed this) but what is the construction timeline. Timeline more so what are the phases? Are all the buildings going to be put up on the same time or will the 770 don mills be developed first and then 805 Don Mills.

My third question is. Your power point with the renderings are a bit deceiving in terms of what is happening at the Eglinton and Ferrand Drive area more so to do with traffic management and street development. To be more specific and to confirm the presentation video.... In 2023 prior to any of the construction you folks will put up a signal light at Ferrand Drive and Gervais essentially connecting them. Is this correct? Do you have any renderings of how this will look that you can you can provide.

To carry that same thought you renderings in regards to Ferrand Drive are very confusing. Will the current Ferrand Drive be enclosed off? In the image attached your office provided earlier you can see Ferrand Drive is closed off so the only way to access it would be to go in a full loop or cut across Windom and continue the loop. The folks living in the area like this plan you folks had initially however the recent power point rendering is a bit hidden for this area so it looks like now you folks will not blocking off the current Ferrand Drive? (See slide 59 for what I am saying) If this is the new plan will the area lose their street parking? Can you share a rendering? for that area's plans a bit. It looks like there will be a very small strip separating Ferrand and Eglinton resulting in even more disruption for Ferrand owners.

Lastly, whats up with the shortness of the building at 805 Don Mills.... Why don't you get it taller? Area is permitted up to 48 stories...

Appreciate your thoughts on this. Job well done btw to you folks on getting this project so far. Lets see some shovels in the ground soon.

View attachment 349554
Just to be 100% clear - our @HousingNowTO volunteers are not employees of the City of Toronto, or CreateTO, etc - we are just volunteers who track affordable-housing development and work to improve the delivery...

That said, we will do what we can to answer your questions -

ONTARIO LINE IMPACTS : Both Metrolinx and CreateTO have assured us publicly that the impacts of the Ontario Line piers are only the ones as documented on the current design maps.

CONSTRUCTION TIMELINE : From CreateTO slides this week (Construction starts 2024, First Buildings become available in 2026, Completed by approx ~2028), order of buildings has not been defined yet.

1631876404794.png

TRAFFIC FLOW / FERRAND DRIVE RENDERINGS : You are better taking these questions direct to CreateTO team via Email at - HousingNow@toronto.ca - and CC-ing the Community Planner and the Councillor's office.

1631876722575.png

BUILDING HEIGHTS AT 805 DON MILLS : Yeah, the Eastern most building (26 storeys) is much smaller than at the Corner (48 Storeys). This is because of the City's DON MILLS CROSSING policy from 2019 that was designed to step-down in height as it approached the Church and the Single-Family Homes at Ferrand. We are not big fans of that policy, but the most the City might add there - if pushed - is 2 or 3 more floors to that Eastern most building (eg.~29 storeys).

1631876890567.png

Back