Just to be 100% clear - our @HousingNowTO volunteers are not employees of the City of Toronto, or CreateTO, etc - we are just volunteers who track affordable-housing development and work to improve the delivery...

That said, we will do what we can to answer your questions -

ONTARIO LINE IMPACTS : Both Metrolinx and CreateTO have assured us publicly that the impacts of the Ontario Line piers are only the ones as documented on the current design maps.

CONSTRUCTION TIMELINE : From CreateTO slides this week (Construction starts 2024, First Buildings become available in 2026, Completed by approx ~2028), order of buildings has not been defined yet.

View attachment 349561

TRAFFIC FLOW / FERRAND DRIVE RENDERINGS : You are better taking these questions direct to CreateTO team via Email at - HousingNow@toronto.ca - and CC-ing the Community Planner and the Councillor's office.

View attachment 349562

BUILDING HEIGHTS AT 805 DON MILLS : Yeah, the Eastern most building (26 storeys) is much smaller than at the Corner (48 Storeys). This is because of the City's DON MILLS CROSSING policy from 2019 that was designed to step-down in height as it approached the Church and the Single-Family Homes at Ferrand. We are not big fans of that policy, but the most the City might add there - if pushed - is 2 or 3 more floors to that Eastern most building (eg.~29 storeys).

View attachment 349563
Thanks for your message and service for this good cause....

Re: OL/Metrolinx - I understand that there is a "handshake deal" in place however I strongly urge you folks to sign a contract confirming everything discussed. The City's Solicitor can help you draft one of these and shouldn't take that long to do so. Many people will tell you Metrolinx cannot be trusted so I hope you do learn from other instances and go the extra mile to get the contract drafted and signed. Is there any reason why this isn't being done?

Re: Timeline - I know you are volunteers however if you could speak to the team and get more specific concrete construction plans that would be great. i.e. the phases it will be built in and when each building will be completed. This just will allow the public to have more confidence and hold Housing TO accountable. I am assuming the 770 site will be put up first as that has the school and will be the site left fully untouched by the OL.

Re: Traffic Management @ Ferrand / Gervais and new street structure - I will reach out to the contacts you provided and get the most recent updates.

Thank you for your service and dedication

Last edited:
One of our Volunteers was interviewed in this week's NRU TORONTO about this site for a long 4-page article that includes Deputy Mayor Minnan-Wong, CreateTO - and Ahmed Hussein of The Neighbourhood Organization (TNO).

1632577846211.png

New renderings are updated in the database. Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via the Rezoning application. The storey count for the 3 tower buildings went from 52, 43, 28 to 48, 39, 37. The height of 3 towers buildings went from 163.97m, 136.85m, 91.13m to 153.70m, 126.20m, 124.0m. The overall unit count changed from 1407 to 1255. Finally the parking count went from 698 to 644.

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-18a.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-18b.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-19a.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-19b.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1105.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1106.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1107.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1108.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1111.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1112.jpg

Attachments

• PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1113.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20 2021-1113.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 85
  • PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1118.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20 2021-1118.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 91
  • PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1117.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20 2021-1117.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 87
  • PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2021-1114.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20 2021-1114.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 86
I assume those low level buildings across the street to the North West are future townhomes or possibly one storey retail? Could someone please tell me the logic of building low rise so close to the future intersection of two new transit lines?

Don_Mills_Crossing_Site_Context_HN_COMMUNITY_202109.png

The only corner currently with "low-rise" buildings is on the North-East side of Eglinton & Don Mills where the Bus Station and the Ontario Line above-ground lines. There are no Townhouses on any corner.

1635456592350.png

This is the Bus Station on the North-East side of Eglinton & Don Mills. The ONTARIO LINE will be about 30 feet in the air above where the metal fence in this (APR 2021) image.

View attachment 359060
The only corner currently with "low-rise" buildings is on the North-East side of Eglinton & Don Mills where the Bus Station and the Ontario Line above-ground lines. There are no Townhouses on any corner.
I'm looking at the NW area which on this drawing, the centre right edge, what was recently the Celestica site. Behind the one row of high rises along Eglinton. Those buildings do not currently exist. They seem very low density for a two future transit line intersection.

I'm looking at the NW area which on this drawing, the centre right edge, what was recently the Celestica site. Behind the one row of high rises along Eglinton. Those buildings do not currently exist. They seem very low density for a two future transit line intersection.
The developers squeezed just about as much density as possible (*almost 5,000 total units) out of those Celestica lands on the NW corner, within the parameters of what the City was willing to allow.

Thanks for your input HouisingNowTO, I'm thinking the height of the point towers on the intersection are fine but the scale of the whole area for 2 future transit lines is lacking. Consider other two line intersections such as Yonge and Bloor and now Yonge and Eglinton. I admit it's a bit hard to create a downtown feel here when office space has decreased in the area over the years and restaurants entertainment are lacking but towers in the park and low rise instead of mid rise lined streets, reminds me of the GTA suburban centres.

@HousingNowTO or anyone else... Will the first phase be 770 Don Mills Road? Is the 805 Don Mills Renderings and plan still the same? or whats going on with that site? Any updates on timeline?

Yes, our assumption is that 770 Don Mills Road (West side) will be the first phase to be constructed. The 805 Don Mills site (East side) will follow shortly afterwards once the ONTARIO LINE piers and guideways have been completed on that side of Don Mills.

First construction is expected in 2023... with first building at "Move-In" in 2026 according to the CreateTO slides from the last public-meeting.

1635530167018.png

Back