artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from this website: https://westonconsulting.com/projects/7700-bathurst/

" Located at the landmark intersection of Bathurst Street and Centre Street in the heart of the community of Thornhill in the City of Vaughan, this site presents an optimal opportunity for redevelopment. Currently functioning as a single storey commercial and retail development, the area is in the process of seeing significant redevelopment and revitalization. The project creates a gateway into the future context of Thornhill.

Phase 1 of this development will include two residential towers, including a feature tower design at the corner of Centre Street and Promenade North, with a significant commercial component, a public park, and private open space. This phase will form part of a master planned community on the lands including additional residential, office and commercial spaces.

Weston has worked to secure high-rise mixed-use permissions on the lands through City of Vaughan Official Plan (2010) appeals to the former Ontario Municipal Board and site-specific Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment applications."

WestonConsulting_7700Bathurst_1-1536x994.jpeg

WestonConsulting_7700Bathurst_3-1536x863.jpeg

WestonConsulting_7700Bathurst_4-1536x989.jpeg

Why do all the condos in this area have to be grey! At least it's not spandrel but I'm not holding my breath. I wish there was at least something other than the various shades of grey in all these building that are going up. Sure I understand that grey is trendy and exudes a notion of modern design but it's just a cheap way of going about it.

Hey this really isn't so bad by contemporary standards. It's got some colour and texture at grade and throughout the towers; some curves and moderately interesting building shapes.

But I agree, they may as well go for red if they're going to use brick on the podiums.

Edit: I'd argue for off-site parkland dedication here. There's plenty of small parks in the area which would benefit from gaining the area of 1-2 neighbouring detached lots.

Alternatively, improve Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park to the south west.

Right now, the park is a tale of two stories, neither of which works. The south end tree cover and vegetation are too dense and there are no pathways as far as I know. Meanwhile, the north end is way too barren.

Make the amount of tree cover and other greenery meet somewhere in the middle and add two new path ways--north-south and east-west.

1685052384229.png

Last edited:
This development with its thick precast cladding and enclosed balconies creates that 60s-70s vibe look! Nice to that come back especially in the suburbs lol!

Does anyone know the proposed GFA and FSI for Phase 1 of this project? and for the overall total development?

Back