Jun 15, 2023

F2359FB5-64A2-478A-B20A-96F351CB91E2_1_201_a.jpeg

44180BDB-EE25-466B-96D0-305A2BBC8F7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Who at a-A decided their design ethos should be "we passionately hate pedestrians, and we want walking past our buildings to be a lifeless and miserable experience"?

What’s really maddening is I believe if you were to sit have a conversation with every individual architect at any of our banal local firms they would recognize work like this is subpar and destructive to the city… but somehow after design by committee and accountants they consistently churn out crap like this

What’s really maddening is I believe if you were to sit have a conversation with every individual architect at any of our banal local firms they would recognize work like this is subpar and destructive to the city… but somehow after design by committee and accountants they consistently churn out crap like this

I'm mostly on board w/this statement; though I have to say, the crap turned out by KirKor consistently leaves me w/the impression that very few there would recognize the problem; you'd have to think 'the committee' would catch it sometimes.

There is often a lack of creativity, at problem solving and even intelligent VE'ing at play; there is also sometimes a dedication to a particular design ethos (aA, would be 'cool, streamlined, modernism) that can also be a stumbling block.)

Let's also admit the role that (some) City staff play in reading guidelines too officiously; but then equally acknowledge, that the industry often doesn't feel the impetus to persuade the City to be more flexible.

Last edited:

Back