McDonald's and Swiss Chalet are junk, but I see value in the corner building where Aden used to be, and the 3-storey building just north of it. If properly restored, they help provide a familiar and human scaled podium presence along the Yonge streetscape.

Last edited:
The original flagship was at Bloor and Avenue, and yet, it became a condo site (and the McDonald's returning to that location).

Therefore, flagship McDonald's locations can be touched.
And who can forget its most famous customer? Funny that both the location and that 'celebrity' have been wiped from the history books...

That McDonald's is sadly their Canadian flagship store.

I'll be losing the McDonald's I go to when I visit the city, taking my order to eat at the food court at 10 Dundas for the view.

Too bad Hard Rock Cafe didn't leave earlier so McDonald's could have moved in when they were looking for a new flagship location. Would have been a great place for a huge one.

Couple of new images from the video:

Capture 1.PNG
Capture 2.PNG

Cool... but that last render, it reminds me of a sloppy stack of pancakes. The ordinal building looks cruelly squished under the weight of the new addition.

With Aura, Y+C, a potentially Concord led YSL and now this, Yonge from Gerrard to College is set to be the ugliest block in the city!

Back