It’s nice having buildings on various angles. Shame the city said no to the kingsett project that wasn’t perfectly aligned with the streetwall.

Agreed.

Agreed. Apparently the city must have all the visual excitement of an Excel workbook.

I don't think that was the goal, LOL

But I do agree they missed the boat on that one.

Though it's not as simple as the alignment of the streetwall, that was a cited factor and it ought not to have been.

A 2-4 storey street wall on Yonge could be achieve irrespective of the alignment of the tower.

I get the goal of the retail/podium alignment, but don't understand the connection to the tower alignment.

I don't think that idea added or would have added value.

Now there are/were complicating factors about shadows, and other issues (overhang/intrusion on the laneway, as I recall) , and I'm one of those, frankly, more willing to entertain that discussion.

But because those was cited subordinately to the streetwall issue, or so it seemed........

You're left wondering whether or not there was a compelling reason to deny that alignment.

Today

IMG_9061.jpeg

IMG_9062.jpeg

IMG_9063.jpeg

IMG_9064.jpeg

As I was saying about the photo just up above of those old historical buildings on Yonge St. Are they part of this development if so will they be refurbished? If not could another developer build another tower close to this one being built?

As I was saying about the photo just up above of those old historical buildings on Yonge St. Are they part of this development if so will they be refurbished? If not could another developer build another tower close to this one being built?
No. Not Just Noodles / Coach House etc are not part of this development. No idea whether another developer would be able to build over them, but the tower would have to be extremely thin to maintain minimum separation distance with 8 Wellesley, so it seems unlikely.

No. Not Just Noodles / Coach House etc are not part of this development. No idea whether another developer would be able to build over them, but the tower would have to be extremely thin to maintain minimum separation distance with 8 Wellesley, so it seems unlikely.
Thanks for the info maybe a midrise is possible. Having each floor plate on the building's west side where the tower stands. Decrease in size as it climbs to the 10 floor etc for some breathing room lol!

No.
Correct.
Thanks for the info maybe a midrise is possible. Having each floor plate on the building's west side where the tower stands. Decrease in size as it climbs to the 10 floor etc for some breathing room lol!
Site is not large enough. Not going to happen.

Back