PMT I have a question. so what happens when council sends staff to oppose a project at LPAT? does the project get rejected?

There's a hearing before LPAT. The developer explains why they believe the project should go ahead. The opponents explain why it shouldn't. Either side can call expert witness. Those living nearby are given a chance to have their say. LPAT then considers everything they've heard, and how it all fits into how they interpret planning law, and then in some months time, you get a verdict.

More and more, though, the developer elects to keep talking to the City in advance of the LPAT hearings. If the two sides can agree on a revised plan in advance of the hearing, it can be turned into one that notes they've settled, and then ratifies that. (There's no indication yet that is happening in this case.)

There's a hearing before LPAT. The developer explains why they believe the project should go ahead. The opponents explain why it shouldn't. Either side can call expert witness. Those living nearby are given a chance to have their say. LPAT then considers everything they've heard, and how it all fits into how they interpret planning law, and then in some months time, you get a verdict.
Aren't you missing a step afterwards?

If LPAT issues a verdict approving the project, the proposal goes back to City Council for consideration of LPATs decision. City council then has a chance to either approve the proposal, or reject it once again, in which case some time elapses and LPAT holds a second hearing and issues a second, final verdict.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry! I was thinking that this was following the OMB rules at LPAT, but it looks like it might be under the new rules.

Is there a provision under LPAT where applications pre-existing the changes to the OMB follow the old rules?

Either way, I think the new system is convoluted and pointless addition to the appeal process that adds months to the timeline of projects, costing a lot of money and hindering development through increased risk, with not much added benefit.

Okay @WislaHD, research completed: everything submitted to LPAT before April 3, 2018 will continue to be heard in accordance with the Ontario Municipal Board Act. So, the big question is, when was this appeal lodged? We didn't notice it until May 31, but as noted above, the refusal report came out in February. There's a good chance, therefore, that the appeal may have been made before the cutoff.

IBI Group. Reduced to 55 storeys, setback from 24 Wellesley increased to 20 metres from 14.5, parking ratio increased from 0.10 spaces per unit to 0.16.

3r223wqdqw.JPG
3r21q2r2daw.JPG
21231qre.JPG
34rdwersd.JPG
44tfaews.JPG

Back