Thanks for your opinion

Yeah I live in the area and have seen way too many discouraging things occur here at all times of day. I'm hopeful that more intensification here will turn a new page for this intersection, being so close to various public amenities, such as Wellesley station.

You're soooooo welcome for my opinion insertnamehere!! :) Aren't forums meant for opinions and discussion to be held? Glad you agree too, sassypants.

Yeah I live in the area and have seen way too many discouraging things occur here at all times of day. I'm hopeful that more intensification here will turn a new page for this intersection, being so close to various public amenities, such as Wellesley station.

You're soooooo welcome for my opinion insertnamehere!! :) Aren't forums meant for opinions and discussion to be held? Glad you agree too, sassypants.
Of course! maybe just next time explain your opinion a little bit more, especially if you are going to make such a sweeping statement like that ;)

There is no way this gets approved in its present form, this going to OMB or gets complete re design. The site is just not big enough to accommodate the building of this size and density

Too late to go to the OMB. The OMB is going to be history in the next week or two. The latest date to qualify for an OMB appeal for when you file your application will likely end up being some time in August 2017.

The OMB is going to be history in the next week or two. The latest date to qualify for an OMB appeal for when you file your application will likely end up being some time in August 2017.

Such a shame, i'm worried at what direction this city council will take?
...i hope they don't act like the new development gods

Such a shame, i'm worried at what direction this city council will take?
...i hope they don't act like the new development gods

Without a doubt, they will. Politics will decide height and materials and who gets preferential treatment. Anyone thinking otherwise is being naive. This is why the OMB was originally instituted.

Is it possible that well heeled developers could "back" certain mayoral candidates? Time will tell.

Since when do unique projects get called out on here? Rarely.

Indeed. Everyone praised The Well, Mirvish Village and the BIG development on King West.

Is it so difficult to ask for that standard a little bit more often?

Anyway, I am pleased this development secures the rest of the block from development.

Indeed. Everyone praised The Well, Mirvish Village and the BIG development on King West.

Is it so difficult to ask for that standard a little bit more often?

Anyway, I am pleased this development secures the rest of the block from development.

Gimmicky projects that are otherwise of low quality will get called out. High quality ones promoted by firms with a track record of excellence? Quite the contrary. Being different is simply not a sufficient condition for praise.

AoD

Last edited:
Too late to go to the OMB. The OMB is going to be history in the next week or two. The latest date to qualify for an OMB appeal for when you file your application will likely end up being some time in August 2017.

correct. no chance this project gets approved. unless the applicant continues assembling eastward.

Without a doubt, they will. Politics will decide height and materials and who gets preferential treatment. Anyone thinking otherwise is being naive. This is why the OMB was originally instituted.

Is it possible that well heeled developers could "back" certain mayoral candidates? Time will tell.

You have things ass backwards. The current system with the OMB is highly political. The new system will hopefully get things back to actual city planning. Currently, it costs $200 (sorry, been a while) to appeal a $200 million project. Why would anyone bother with planning? Appeals will still be able to be made but for the right reasons. It just won't be this negotiation lottery that has become of the OMB.

Whatever happens, I hope they change the design. It's like Aura only worse - no sleek, curvaceous relief... the clumsy, stodgy massing goes all the way up to the top.

Back