Attachments were made public November 30th, 2021:

The City recommended acceptance of the settlement offer:

1639595905993.png

1639595952515.png

1639595983552.png

1639596021862.png

1639596053999.png

1639596075675.png

Im sorry, what now $100 pre-loaded Presto cards? This is now what we're accepting as part of S.37s? 😂

They could save that and better use it towards other purposes like, hm I dont know maybe a Bike Share station for starters?

Im sorry, what now $100 pre-loaded Presto cards? This is now what we're accepting as part of S.37s? 😂

They could save that and better use it towards other purposes like, hm I dont know maybe a Bike Share station for starters?

It's an odd request; and I'm inclined to agree w/your take........

Though, it's not without precedent...........

I can't remember which proposals saw this, but I remember requirements for a free Metropass for each unit on some proposals..........strikes me as going back to maybe the Howard Moscoe era, but don't quote me on that!

It's an odd request; and I'm inclined to agree w/your take........

Though, it's not without precedent...........

I can't remember which proposals saw this, but I remember requirements for a free Metropass for each unit on some proposals..........strikes me as going back to maybe the Howard Moscoe era, but don't quote me on that!
You're definitely right, I remember something similar from Howard Moscoe, I dont remember which development or the exact time frame but I have some recollection of odd benefits involving Metropasses and/or some kind of free parking benefit.

This Presto provision is just a borderline completely useless benefit.

You're definitely right, I remember something similar from Howard Moscoe, I dont remember which development or the exact time frame but I have some recollection of odd benefits involving Metropasses and/or some kind of free parking benefit.

This Presto provision is just a borderline completely useless benefit.
The Presto benefit is just a little incentive to get new residents used to taking transit. If it makes the difference of turning a percentage of them into transit users who weren't such before… great!

Usually a TDM measure secured through S37 for convenience.

Metropass / Presto preloads is nothing new. Developers are asked to provide these things in part, in exchange for reductions in parking.

IMO, I would think a more permanent item would be a more useful benefit compared to one which is temporary so to speak, and would only convert only a fraction of residents to transit riders. On the other hand. one could argue though that changing a person's modal usage is a permanent outcome.

But nevertheless, that is a good point about this provision turning a percentage of residents into transit users. That's never a bad thing.

808 MOUNT PLEASANT RD
Ward 12: Toronto-St. Paul's

Application Number: 22 139121 STE 12 SA
Application Type: Site Plan Approval
Date Submitted: 27/04/2022

Description: Site Plan Approval for a 35-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 1005 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 31,514 square metres. 514 residential dwelling units are proposed.

Reactions: PMT
New renderings are updated in the database. The only change is the total unit count was reduced from 516 units to 514 units.

Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 27  2022-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 27  2022-28.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 27  2022-28a.jpg

It would make sense if it was a Presto card preloaded with a year's worth of Metropass that would be a huge benefit to the city in terms of fostering a behaviour that could be long lasting, but $100 preloaded... that seems too short to become a habit. Also, with a value loaded card you know every time you tap you are drawing down a balance so it is effectively costing you, whereas for a Metropass it is costing you not to use it.

Back