ery5gr.JPG

So with Riocan settling for essentially what amounts to the 3x density requirement at Islington and Queensway, how do purpose you'll achieve the 5.2x density you are applying for?

out of curiosity... any update on the trial? on the tribunals site it shows that the hearing was adjourned.

I called the city planner regarding this, have not heard back, however I would be shocked if they were given the 5.2x density when no other developer has been able to achieve it on The Queensway.

So, the hearing was adjourned because the parties were working on a settlement. A new date was scheduled for January 15, 2020. But what I am told is that a settlement is no longer being considered so it is very likely that a new hearing date will be scheduled for sometime in the future.

Like I said, if RioCan had to settle at 3x density not sure why this project would be granted anything different. Site specific zoning is there for a reason.

The Queensway is going to be a construction hot zone for the upcoming years, pretty much paralleling as a west side version of Kingston Road.

Back