mcornett, it's just the blandness heaped upon blandness of new development that continues to materialize in the area that draws the criticism. It's not so much that the individual projects are lackluster, as the stultifying cumulative effect of similar heights, similar colour schemes, and similar box design that disappoint. And since the name change from Noir Condos, we can't even refer to it as the black beast anymore. C'est dommage.

Last edited:
I agree that is is not spectacular but as someone who also sees it everyday out the window I agree that it is not the most offensive tower in the area. Which I know is sad that that is how I am judging this. But that's the reality. It's not the worst.
I wish it was BLACK though not dark grey.

I also wish that this was black instead of a charcoal grey, and the spandrel panels replaced with solid metal panels. That would have improved the appearance considerably.
The problem with black though is that in our extreme climate it will fade to a dark grey and in the summer it radiates so much heat.

20170822_180809.jpg

Attachments

• 20170822_180809.jpg
    20170822_180809.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 378
Any news when occupancy starts? I saw an ad on Kijiji (has been taken down now) stating they had a unit for lease starting on November 1st 2017...

I texted the person and he said he had confirmation he will be getting the keys for his unit on October 15th...

The building isn't even enclosed yet.. no way occupancy is less than a month away.

That's what I asked the guy but he said he was told by the builder. I'm going to call today.

I was more expecting end of the year or early next to for occupancy to start at lower levels... but..

Back