Pic taken Sept 18, 2017

g18Miyh.jpg

This has bombed pretty drastically. It's pretty grim. Unfortunate.

87 Peter looks like the condo equivalent of a Chevy Malibu, solid but not very exciting transportation for not particularly enthusiastic drivers. On a board full of gearheads, you might find someone who scorns a Malibu, and anybody who drives one, because it isn't a 12 cylinder, mid engined, 550 hp two seater Ferrari. Other posters on the hypothetical board might actually recognize, however, that:
A). It's what many people can afford
B). It's what some people want and
C). It's not, in fact, a used Yugo or something drastically bad like that.

There is room in the city and, yes in the Entertainment District, for solidly built, reasonably attractive accommodation. So far, that is what 87 Peter looks like to me. It should be judged on that basis.

So far, that is what 87 Peter looks like to me. It should be judged on that basis.

A fair post, but note that this excerpt is your argument's prime mover, and its most contestable claim. I agree with the consequence that we should judge things on the basis of how they appear, but unsurprisingly this building seems to appear somewhat differently to both of us.

There are much, much better massed towers with nicer design concepts built in the Entertainment District. Was 87 Peter priced cheaper than those?

This is a solid 4 out of 10 if Peter Street Condos rates above a 7 and Tableau pushes a 9. It's not a disaster. It doesn't deserved to be excused either.

There is room in the city and, yes in the Entertainment District, for solidly built, reasonably attractive accommodation. So far, that is what 87 Peter looks like to me.

I definitely agree with the first sentence here and certainly disagree with the second; I think it's hideous above the podium on the order of 365 Church magnitude, and I don't think we can assess yet whether it's solidly built (all we really have to go on at this point is builder reputation).

This will properly fill out once the developments on the n/w and s/w corners get going. Right now things still look a bit crusty down here.

Back