Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
900 THE EAST MALL
Ward 02 - Etob. York District

This application seeks to amend the Official Plan, relevant Zoning By-laws (former City of Etobicoke Zoning Code and City of Toronto Zoning By-law No. 569-2013) and repeal By-law No. 1986-236 to permit a phased mixed-use development consisting of 4 buildings ranging from 20 to 21 storeys that will include 882 residential units, non-residential uses (retail, daycare and office space), and a public park that will adjoin a POPS on the southeast portion of the site. The proposed total gross floor area is 83,109 m², of which 75.191 m² would be residential and 7,917 m² would be comprised of non-residential uses (6,451 m² office, 221 m² daycare and 1,245 m² of retail).
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
19 236352 WET 02 OZ​
Oct 15, 2019​
Under Review​

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 12.41.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 12.40.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 12.43.09 PM.png

it's walking distance to the potential Martin Grove subway/LRT station, with direct access to the ravine and trail system outside the door. Could be worse, but I imagine it will be fairly car-reliant.

I wouldnt pay 1 cent to have the honour to live around that toxic cesspool of air (ie: the busiest highway in North America, one of the busiest airports in North America, and one of the most congested intersections in the city). Good on anyone who would be interested in it though

Design wise it looks pretty nice with the angled floor pattern, but i'm getting tired of Core's design work. Although this is a good change from their typical shifting block design, it's the same grey/black rinsed and repeated. They should really start introducing some colour, and i'm not talking about the blue/green styled garbage.

Hmm, almost too good for the lousy location? At least it'll be right on the Eglinton LRT route.

And am I the only one who'd like to see one of those strange 80's offices designed to look like houses retained?

Just east of this is the intersection of Eglinton/Eglinton and the 401/427 off/on-ramps has got to be one of the worst traffic configurations/congestion spots in the city. I've spent what felt like hours there.

That's a lot of bike parking (653 bikes)! Though, for the number of units maybe it should be more.

That's a lot of bike parking (653 bikes)! Though, for the number of units maybe it should be more.
That's a standard amount for a suburban project. Zoning requires 100% of units to have a bike spot in the old city area and 3 out of 4 units to have a space in the suburbs.

Back