artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from DevApp:

"Materials submitted in support of Site Plan Approval proposing twenty-six (26) 3-storey townhouse units over three (3) blocks, fronting on Pidgeon Street and a private lane."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=CFqkGwtKsW/dATueJusTiQ==

Taken from Architectural Plan:

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAR 2  2021-1.jpg

Don't like large townhouse blocks with front yard driveways and garages. A much nicer streetscape with the parking at the rear.
Same however, Looks like each townhomes are pretty large for the given site area!

Project is still ongoing from the least of it!

This specific set of townhomes would be located here:

1615489572660.png

The area outlined in white.

Pidgeon Street would be extended to meet Cleanside Rd.

There would be a private lane beyond that which some of the townhomes would front.

The rear of the homes is a hydro ROW.

The front of the homes (ie. Pidgeon Street) sits directly over the Line 2 subway tunnel.

I have highlighted the tunnel portal here:

1615489767363.png

This corridor was originally part of the GECO Rail spur; which still exists today, but in truncated form.

I have highlighted the still active track here:

1615489973327.png

The track continues to the north-east where it meets the Stouffville GO Line, just beside Kennedy Stn.

It also continues to the west eventually ending just east of Pharmacy, just north of Comstock.

The hydro corridor has been considered for a bike path in the future.

Last edited:
This specific set of townhomes would be located here:

View attachment 305123

The area outlined in white.

Pidgeon Street would be extended to meet Cleanside Rd.

There would be a private lane beyond that which some of the townhomes would front.

The rear of the homes is a hydro ROW.

The front of the homes (ie. Pidgeon Street) sits directly over the Line 2 subway tunnel.

I have highlighted the tunnel portal here:

View attachment 305124

This corridor was originally part of the GECO Rail spur; which still exists today, but in truncated form.

I have highlighted the still active track here:

View attachment 305125

The track continues to the north-east where it meets the Stouffville GO Line, just beside Kennedy Stn.

It also continues to the west eventually ending just east of Pharmacy, just north of Comstock.

The hydro corridor has been considered for a bike path in the future.
The subway tunnel is directly under the Pidgeon Street ROW along the entire length of the street. Google's airphoto is a bit dated as Pidgeon Street, Cleanside Rd, and the private lane have all been constructed (as have many of the neighbouring Mattamy townhouses).

Back