I agree that views are generally not a consideration, but it is especially unhelpful to suggest that citizens have no say in the development of their city when it impacts their quality of life.

A discussion forum is made richer with contributions from those ACTUALLY impacted by a developer's attempt to make money, than populated solely by those who don't even live in the neighbourhood. Again, this is an application to CHANGE what the city has proscribed for this neighbourhood. It is NOT what the planners have currently intended, and is simply a developer's proposal for how they can monetize their property. They have their perspective, and I have mine. Why is theirs the only one you think should have a platform?

No one should be calling into question your right to express your opinion.

What they absolutely should be questioning is your notion that you have some right to an unchanged neighbourhood (and the associated intimation that developers deserve blame for "violating" that non-existent right).

The plain and unavoidable truth is that there is literally no plot of land anywhere in the country that is 100% immune from redevelopment, and if you weren't aware of that reality before choosing to live here, then that is entirely on you.

No one should be calling into question your right to express your opinion.

What they absolutely should be questioning is your notion that you have some right to an unchanged neighbourhood (and the associated intimation that developers deserve blame for "violating" that non-existent right).

The plain and unavoidable truth is that there is literally no plot of land anywhere in the country that is 100% immune from redevelopment, and if you weren't aware of that reality before choosing to live here, then that is entirely on you.

Completely agree with that. As I've said previously, I knew there was going to be a development, last July. It's only now seeing it, that I would like to voice my opinion about it, so that the developer's voice isn't the only one being heard.

I have removed all posts that were simply name-calling, or responses to that, and one member is on holiday for a few days.

Members who cannot separate the act of disagreeing from personal attacks will find that their access to posting here will become limited, and then if they keep it up, non-existant.

This is not to stifle disagreements, this is to keep them civil.

When I moved in, my realtor confirmed there were no likely builds

[MODERATOR's NOTE: A couple of posts of a personal nature have been removed.]

A discussion forum is made richer with contributions from those ACTUALLY impacted by a developer's attempt to make money, than populated solely by those who don't even live in the neighbourhood. Again, this is an application to CHANGE what the city has proscribed for this neighbourhood. It is NOT what the planners have currently intended, and is simply a developer's proposal for how they can monetize their property. They have their perspective, and I have mine. Why is theirs the only one you think should have a platform?

You'd be pi**ing in the wind if loss of your view is your only problem with the proposal. No one in this town is entitled to a view. Ask the nice people who live at One St. Thomas.

You'd be pi**ing in the wind if loss of your view is your only problem with the proposal. No one in this town is entitled to a view. Ask the nice people who live at One St. Thomas.

Maybe not, be EVERYone in town is entitled to ASK for a view. That's the only thing I have suggested, on this thread. Well that, and occasional daylight.

Maybe not, be EVERYone in town is entitled to ASK for a view. That's the only thing I have suggested, on this thread. Well that, and occasional daylight.
Your comments about daylight have already been disproven by the shadowing diagrams, so maybe drop that argument

Your comments about daylight have already been disproven by the shadowing diagrams, so maybe drop that argument

With the small exception of "no, they haven't". I'm not talking about north-ward sun/shade issues. I'm talking about the fact that the only light coming into my room comes from a north-facing window. Put a large tower in front of that, and it will de facto become darker. It's not necessarily a new shade issue, so much as a blockage of ambient light. In the afternoon, the sun begins to shine into the living room. When a 39 storey tower is between the sun & the living-room, it will be darker.

With the small exception of "no, they haven't". I'm not talking about north-ward sun/shade issues. I'm talking about the fact that the only light coming into my room comes from a north-facing window. Put a large tower in front of that, and it will de facto become darker. It's not necessarily a new shade issue, so much as a blockage of ambient light. In the afternoon, the sun begins to shine into the living room. When a 39 storey tower is between the sun & the living-room, it will be darker.

View attachment 175665View attachment 175666
That beautiful suite interior ain't drumming up much sympathy

Thank you. Just renovated it last August. Guess if I'm not getting any sympathy, I may as well brag about my new kitchen. ;) (which gets its only light from that same window... ) ;)

Yeah it’s great that you have your housing situation sorted out, though you may want to check with your concierge about the irony that you may have lost on those last couple posts.

Yeah it’s great that you have your housing situation sorted out, though you may want to check with your concierge about the irony that you may have lost on those last couple posts.

I'm not sure I understand. Just because my condo cost a lot, means I shouldn't care if it gets no natural light? I really am not following, sorry.

I'm not sure I understand. Just because my condo cost a lot, means I shouldn't care if it gets no natural light? I really am not following, sorry.

Parking the bit about your being consigned to perpetual darkness (which, no you won’t be), it may have something to do with posting pics of how pleasant a home the neighbourhood affords you, as part of your reasons why more folks shouldn’t move in across the street.

Back