Does anyone have any updates on this project? Can't seem to find any new information, but the sign is still out there in front of the Basilian Center.

Does anyone have any updates on this project? Can't seem to find any new information, but the sign is still out there in front of the Basilian Center.

I was in the Working Group meetings at City Hall, where the developer was asked to revisit their plans in light of various areas of concern. Anecdotally, I've since heard they've submitted modifications, but none that have been approved by Planning. Today, City TV news is onsite filming 'something'.

I was in the Working Group meetings at City Hall, where the developer was asked to revisit their plans in light of various areas of concern. Anecdotally, I've since heard they've submitted modifications, but none that have been approved by Planning. Today, City TV news is onsite filming 'something'.
No revised documents appear on the City's development application page for this.

Is there any uodate news about this project?What modification did the developper make?

Is there any uodate news about this project?What modification did the developper make?

It continues to be the case, that no modifications have been officially submitted since February of 2019.

Question: does anybody know what the best approach would be, to voice opposition to the current plans? I live in the building directly south of this footprint, on a higher floor, looking directly over this project. The towers as proposed would reduce my 'view' (and privacy) by about 90%. However, if they reduced the 15 storey to 12, switched them around so the taller one is closer to the tall one at 1000 Bay, and kept them close to the street, it would be livable. How/where / to whom can I voice these concerns? Thanks for your feedback.
Did you voice your concerns? I have same concern. Let us do it together.

For anyone keeping track, they now expect a revised submission toward the end of August. The Working Group met recently, and the proposal is not a significant departure from prior. There may be more amends before resubmission, but at this time it is still 37 or 39 storeys, on a 12 floor podium, with a inch of step backs.

For anyone keeping track, they now expect a revised submission toward the end of August. The Working Group met recently, and the proposal is not a significant departure from prior. There may be more amends before resubmission, but at this time it is still 37 or 39 storeys, on a 12 floor podium, with a inch of step backs.

Thanks for your update information. Would you let me know what is “on a 12 floor podium”. I understand the podium is 3-4 floor by keeping the old building.

Thanks for your update information. Would you let me know what is “on a 12 floor podium”. I understand the podium is 3-4 floor by keeping the old building.
It's a partnership with Amica retirement homes. 12 floors of the whole plot of land, and a point tower above it. It may change again before end of August, so that's all I have for now.

New docs posted November 23:

Amica has been brought on as a partner. From the Cover Letter:

Daniels’ institutional partner is Amica Senior Lifestyles (“Amica”). Daniels has a long and successful track record of having partnered with Amica starting in July of 1999. Through this partnership, Daniels has constructed multiple projects with Amica throughout the GTA and, most recently, we have a new Amica residence under construction in Erin Mills. This long-standing partnership with Amica speaks to
the depth of our relationship and our commitment to introduce the best in class in terms of a senior’s community.

As the Basilian Fathers continued to work through the design process and develop an understanding as to the timing for the turnover of their space, they determined it would be better for them to find alternative space within the community and only move once. In this regard, the revised development concept has emerged encompassing two main components - a residential condominium and an
institutional seniors’ housing component. A smaller commercial component is also being provided.

1638055480037.png

1638055495793.png

1638055511321.png

1638055526610.png

1638055551833.png

1638055571348.png

1638055597789.png

The new renderings are updated as mentioned in the last post. The original submission had 2 storey count of 39 & 15, now it's reduced to 38 storeys. The overall height went from 128.92m to 130.9m. And the total unit count went from 502 units to 570 mixed condominium and senior care facility units. Total parking counts were reduced from 159 to 119 spaces.

The new renderings are updated as mentioned in the last post. The original submission had 2 storey count of 39 & 15, now it's reduced to 38 storeys. The overall height went from 128.92m to 130.9m. And the total unit count went from 502 units to 570 mixed condominium and senior care facility units. Total parking counts were reduced from 159 to 119 spaces.
They said it’s still 39 stories… the 15 storey 2nd tower is now just a 13 storey ‘podium’.

Back