PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
955 WESTON RD
Ward 11 - Etob. York District

►View All Properties

Proposed residential development consisting of 71 stacked townhouse units on a new public road.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Subdivision Approval 18 142980 WET 11 SB Apr 12, 2018 Under Review
Rezoning 18 142988 WET 11 OZ Apr 12, 2018 Under Review

Site Plan:
upload_2018-4-28_12-5-8.png

Elevations:
upload_2018-4-28_12-5-44.png

upload_2018-4-28_12-5-58.png

upload_2018-4-28_12-6-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-28_12-5-8.png
    upload_2018-4-28_12-5-8.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 2,491
  • upload_2018-4-28_12-5-44.png
    upload_2018-4-28_12-5-44.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 2,424
  • upload_2018-4-28_12-5-58.png
    upload_2018-4-28_12-5-58.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,398
  • upload_2018-4-28_12-6-13.png
    upload_2018-4-28_12-6-13.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,366
This is currently a vacant lot, as you can see below, on the east side of Weston Road on the hill up outta' the Black Creek valley. The lights at the end of Black Creek Drive are off in the distance at the bottom of the hill. The Kitchener rail corridor runs along the east side of this site.

955WestonGoogleSV.jpg

Thanks Google Street View

This is currently a vacant lot, as you can see below, on the east side of Weston Road on the hill up outta' the Black Creek valley. The lights at the end of Black Creek Drive are off in the distance at the bottom of the hill. The Kitchener rail corridor runs along the east side of this site.
Not exactly a beautiful area.

Good to see some infill for that empty patch along Weston Road. Although I think there could have been potential to situate a mid-rise building here for some more density.

A bit rough around the edges right now, but I find this stretch of Weston between Black Creek to Eglinton W to have decent bones. Similar to Rogers Road to the south-east of here. Not necessarily remarkable architecture, but the built form especially further up closer towards Eglinton, lines up to urban dimensions along the street. I believe it has the suitable conditions to potentially host a fairly pedestrian friendly environment someday if it gradually improves and intensifies.

In some ways it reminds me of areas like Dundas West (Ossington to Lansdowne), Dupont (Junction Triangle), and even Bloor (between Dufferin and Lansdowne) before the influx of trendy and independent businesses, when the retail scape was more barren. Although under-performing right now, many of the low-rise buildings along Weston do have spaces which can be capable of hosting retail usages. Maybe one day when the indie shops and eateries get priced out of the West End areas surrounding the Junction, we can see this area be the next spot to be at. The Mount Dennis stop on the Eglinton Crosstown should give it a boost too when that gets completed.

Interesting. This area has seen very little alteration during this lengthy condo boom. Hopefully that's about to change.

I'm not that familiar with this stretch of road but from the photos and the shape of the road it looks like it could be very dangerous from a speed and crossing and a blind corner with people speeding around it perspective. I wish our City government, Mayor, and council was actually responsible and invested in our streets that we're building homes on and worked to make them safe, but as we see with all the relentless deaths and lack of action, our city prioritizes keeping taxes low and keeping roads open for people to speed on over the lives of the people who live on them, walk on them, or otherwise use them Just seeing this stretch be developed with further residential makes me nervous, although I agree it seems like otherwise it would be a good spot for more density. But it feels like people living here would be walking out their front door right onto a hostile speedway.

I just hope this isn't the site of a future predictable and preventable tragedy.

Last edited:
For those not following Albert's adventures:

Back