from today...
20101112044.jpg

20101112056.jpg

20101112050.jpg

20101112051.jpg

20101112052.jpg

20101112068.jpg

20101112046.jpg

Great shots. Amazing how much the balconies change the look of the building.

I was thinking the same thing. Without the construction railings there, it gives the building an entirely different look. I like it! I've been driving by there about once a week, and it just keeps looking better and better.

UT has been invited to the topping off ceremony. Any questions for the developers or for Ping Jiang from MAD Architects?

Is it going to be an actual ceremony???

We usually have rooftop parties (BBQ) but I've never been to a ceremony...

I could see it being a little mor official in this case though...

I was kind of being light hearted with my query. lol (Imagine though if they had a blank slate with the City Centre)

But I'd be curious to know how their relationship with the city has been and whether or not they have been approached to do another project.

Last edited:
UT has been invited to the topping off ceremony. Any questions for the developers or for Ping Jiang from MAD Architects?

Just a request, ask the MAD Architects to get into the Toronto condo/office tower market! Oh, and huge RESPECT.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Mississaugas-Absolute-Community-Celebrates-Topping-Off-of-Its-Marilyn-Monroe-Tower-1353607.htm

Nov 15, 2010 12:41 ET
Mississauga's Absolute Community Celebrates Topping Off of Its Marilyn Monroe Tower

Beijing's MAD Architects Will Be In Attendance; Move-in day For World Famous Structure Set For March

MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 15, 2010) -

ATTENTION ASSIGNMENT, PHOTO AND REAL ESTATE EDITORS

Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.

It is the structure that drew global attention and is about to become a signature icon on the Mississauga skyline. The new Absolute Community's Marilyn Monroe condominium will celebrate its topping off Friday, November 19th.

That means move-in day for residents of the 56 storey structure is just months away.

The new Absolute Community boasts 1,800 suites in 5 towers. The final tower, a 50-storey companion to the Marilyn Monroe structure will be topped off this spring with occupancy set for the fall.

A topping off ceremony is the traditional way construction crews, builders and civic officials celebrate a job well done and this will be no exception. Danny Salvatore, president of Fernbrook Homes, which with Cityzen Developments are the developers, will play host. Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion will help officiate.

The ceremony will be followed by a celebration right on site on the northeast corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road and a trip to the 50th floor in the hoist for the adventurers.
WHAT: Official Topping Off of the Absolute Community's Marilyn Monroe Tower
WHEN: 3 p.m., November 19th
WHERE: On site at the northeast corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road – 50 ABSOLUTE AVE.
VALET PARKING: 2 Robert Speck Parkway

To view the Absolute World Tower image, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20101115-absolute_tower_iimage8.jpg.

Back