I love this project. Such attention to detail and a great fit for the area. When i lived in NYC, the ACE hotel lobby there had such a good vibe and we would often end up there because there would always be something happening. I hope they can emulate that energy here.

Not much activity in past two months.

Pics from May 24, 2020

fullsizeoutput_3b04.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b06.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b03.jpeg

"With many hotels worldwide closed and struggling to stay afloat, unsure about when travel will start up again and bookings will come in,
Ace Hotel has designed an innovative gift card scheme for travellers to invest in future stays – with the benefit of 20 per cent off room rates."

Last edited:
Likely a complex topic but I'm curious about the potential pandemic impact towards the timeline of completion on new hospitality developments in the city. Construction costs will always be construction costs, but with the market demand and income remaining low for the foreseeable time period I do wonder to what extent this affects their delays. I remember in the Park Hyatt reno thread there was a mention about the reopening delayed until next year.

I'm just so anxious for the detailing around the entranceway to be completed. That's the part that's really going to tie this together.

Shim-Sutcliffe should be allowed to design more buildings, IMO. And firms that play with gravity the way those two do should be more in abundance!

Back