The darker trim does look sharp. Though the plans say it's supposed to be the colour of corten, so I wonder whether it's going to be painted. There does seem to be some variation, e.g., of the two panels closest to the middle, the one on the right looks a bit darker, so maybe it's not the final treatment? Honestly though, I really like the contrast between the charcoal trim and the red brick, so I'm happy either way.

One of the best new development in the downtown core
Love the red brick and inline with the heritage architecture of the neighbourhood
This is a really nice corner with the Waterworks building etc.

The best thing they've ever done is have a height cap west of spadina. It feels like there's less opportunity for (visible) mistakes when building modest structures, just look at the three buildings in the foreground!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one!

Sun Oct 18, 2020

DCB2D00F-BB1D-40A7-905F-383E8B959257.jpeg

7E9FC4BD-BAAA-48A3-8451-AE7C197C71E3.jpeg

9CA42B00-99E1-4A87-BCEA-005EAA083F38.jpeg

FEC07EB6-42E2-4AF0-BC6E-A1F72ADD0A1A.jpeg

Probably cut from the design, unfortunately.

this has definitely been value engineered to some degree. Note the top floor crown from the renderings was cut and the penthouse has been clad in corrugated metal instead. Something is fishy here and I’d like to know what’s going on.

Probably cut from the design, unfortunately.
I'm fairly confident that they are still coming.

Notice the metal strip in @AlbertC's photo above:
20201017_102139.jpg

That matches up with the horizontal "MT-1" white bands on the architectural plans:
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.24.06 PM.png

You can see the grooves in the brick panels every other storey where that metal band is to be installed. I'd be surprised if the metal bands didn't come with brise-soleils behind them. Either way, the exterior is far from finished -- all the metal around the entrance on Camden still needs to be installed.

Those architectural plans do also show the value-engineered penthouse design, so I think they are up to date with what's actually getting constructed.

This build is really crawling, but I predict that patience will be rewarded.

Back