IMG_20220819_195337 (1).jpg
IMG_20220819_194752 (1).jpg
IMG_20220902_195859 (1).jpg
IMG_20221014_203828~2 (1).jpg
IMG_20221014_203915 (1).jpg
IMG_20220930_204040~2 (1).jpg

@Paclo

Gorgeous photos Paclo.

Sure hope you didn't use your UrbanToronto Black Amex Card at Alder Restaurant. Ravioli is $32 and a steak is $95. There will be an audit.

@Paclo

Sure hope you didn't use your UrbanToronto Black Amex Card at Alder Restaurant. Ravioli is $32 and a steak is $95.

Ha! Let's just say when you factor in the quality of the food, service and architecture, you start to justify those ravioli prices real quick...

Our waiter did however mention something called "millionaire's ravioli" which included seasonal white truffles for those truly looking for a break-the-bank experience

So we can show up in biking booty shorts as Mr. Towered calls 'em, as long as we're willing to sacrifice a limb when ordering something... >.<

More pics of the interior in this piece by Canadian Architect:

*Edited with proper link:

AH-002-Shim-Sutcliffe-Ace-Hotel.jpg

Last edited:
wait, those trees still have leaves? What?

That's not all that uncommon, while it may be a species thing, it's most often, a reflection of where the trees were grown. Trees develop habits based on their local growing environment as well as the genetic info imparted by parent trees. So a tree that was grown in a nursery in the Carolinas, from seed from there, might be use to carrying its leaves into December.

I don't know that that is the case here, but it's a common issue.

It's one more reason (aside from accidentally importing invasive species and pests) why it's best to source trees and shrubs grown locally, from local seed.

Locally, there are no native, deciduous trees that should be carrying green leaves at this point.

Oaks and Beeches may hold their leaves in browns and yellows through early spring.

Last edited:
Lovely pics. If I were to have a staycation in the City, it would be here.

Oaks and Beeches may hold their leaves in browns and yellows through early spring.
Not to continue this off-topic discussion too much, but I see this with a lot of the oaks on my street. Funny enough, for most of them it's only the bottom 1/4 (of the tree's canopy) still holding their leaves.

Back