News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Conservatives back to their shenanigans. They put this up in front of my building.

Wbt0Z3H.jpg

Here is the kicker, we aren't in Don Valley West, but in St. Pauls.

Conservatives back to their shenanigans. They put this up in front of my building.

Wbt0Z3H.jpg

Here is the kicker, we aren't in Don Valley West, but in St. Pauls.

Typical Conservatives. The property management companies always put large signs up on the front, while their tenants' balconies are covered with NDP and Liberal signs.

Spadina-Fort York is definitely a riding of interest, with two very popular former city councillors and MPs for that ward/riding(ish) facing off - Adam Vaughan and Olivia Chow.

Who will win? Will it be party or personality that counts most? Who would do the better job?

I'd hesitantly say that Adam Vaughan would do the better job in Ottawa advocating for Toronto issues, transit and pan-Canadian urban progressivism.

I expect the riding to sway whichever way the polls do in October. Realistically speaking, Liberals might be unelectable (even with Vaughan as the candidate) for many residents of Spadina-Fort York if the primary election issue is getting rid of Harper.

Re: Spadina - Fort York.

I've caught myself over-analyzing the race. I think that the riding goes however the national winds blow. If the NDP is ahead of the Liberals on Election Day, Chow takes it, if the Liberals lead, Vaughan takes it.

Recorded last night's debate. Sat down In front of the TV and had a big feeling of relief when I realized I'd taped the Cantonese feed by accident, so didn't need to actually watch it.

Elizabeth May reminded me of Ari Goldkind in the sense that she won't win, but can still make a someone's life difficult.

I always liked Gilles Duceppe in debates. He had absolutely nothing to lose because the Bloc couldn't win, so he just went for it. (Why the Bloc gets to run as a federal party is a whole other issue, however)

I saw some CPC signs along Warden Avenue tonight, but there are far more Liberal ones on lawns.

I've decided to not spend any money or time in ridings where a party that supported C-51 wins. My life is going to be hard in Southern Ontario. Good thing I'm stubborn. They can all choke on a printout of that foul bill.

Disclosure: I'm a Green.

There are some ridings, such as Eglinton—Lawrence, where it is very much guaranteed a party that supported Bill C-51 would win.

I know and I have quite a bit of work in them which means I'll never be eating out at lunch anymore. I'll take their money but I ain't reinvesting it in them.

Back