Taken just now.

2013-08-19%2015.33.33.jpg

Is this occupied now? They've opened up the fencing to make the garage and driveway accessible, and I noticed people coming and going from the lobby in the basement with boxes and such.

I assume that's just for the retail?

Speaking of which, walked through it this past Saturday to check it out for myself. BB&B has a terrible layout, it's like a maze. And they might as well have put it in the basement since not a single pane of glass seems to be free of merchandize cluttered in front of it. Marshall's is much better but really just feels like a big-box store transplanted downtown. Guess that was the point though.

The basement is quite sad, and I have a feeling a lot of those people are going to lose a lot of money. Seemed to be very Asian oriented too. If I remember correctly, three of the spots in the food court coming soon were Asian cuisine. Found it interesting that the one comically small space, shown below, was one of the few occupied. Just a lone woman standing behind a very small kiosk. Zero foot traffic down there and I doubt a few of them can even hold on until the residential starts being occupied.

So I was walking by the neighbourhood today:
Or here?
20121116153748.jpg

Is this occupied now? They've opened up the fencing to make the garage and driveway accessible, and I noticed people coming and going from the lobby in the basement with boxes and such.

I saw lights on in a few of the apartments on lower floors Sunday night. Could be construction left them on, but there were lights.

As I understand, there will actually be two condo corps in teh building. One for the lower floors, and one for teh higher floors. Some folks are likely to take possession before the construction is complete and teh building envelope closed.

As I understand, there will actually be two condo corps in teh building. One for the lower floors, and one for teh higher floors. Some folks are likely to take possession before the construction is complete and teh building envelope closed.

You are correct. There will be 2 condo corps. Floors up to 31 are taking possession as I speak. They started giving out keys last week, I believe.

So this should be interesting over the next few weeks to see how the building and the area adapt to the new residents. It certainly won't make things worse to have a few hundred people moving in. In particular it should bring a lot of people through that concourse level because I think it's the only access to the condos at the moment.

You can access the condos from Yonge Street at the extreme north of the building, from the parking garage as well as from the concourse level. The new tenants will start to bring some life to the building, but nothing like it will be when all 900+ units are occupied.

Aura (with bonus appearance from the Residences at RCMI) - from Bathurst and Wellington

rsP6MZM.jpg

I really like the lobby desk. Very cool looking. The elevator banks are nice and classy.

Back