first time I have seen it through this angle. looks completely different from this angle. at first I thought im in wrong thread.

March 07
More up on site: Taking long shots was very poor today due haze considering how bright it was.
13042953694_262c6e93b2_b.jpg

13042947354_3f6ff4eb53_b.jpg

13042724663_efb047c4b9_b.jpg

13037501484_47f5bbe082_b.jpg

13037287293_d0536b84fd_b.jpg

UrbanToronto was sent some promotional material earlier today reporting on the opening of Hard Candy Fitness at Aura. It's not the kind of content we put on the front page, but I thought you might want to see this here…

Hard Candy Fitness Toronto, a state of the art fitness facility located on the fourth floor of Canada’s tallest condominium tower, in The Shops at Aura, recently celebrated its grand opening at a stylish yet sweaty event, attended by the ‘material girl’ herself, Madonna.
As a co-owner of the Hard Candy brand, Madonna attended the grand opening and led one of her signature ‘Addicted to Sweat’ classes to a handful of lucky gym members.
Located at the corner of Yonge Street and Gerrard Street, Hard Candy Fitness Toronto is its first location in Canada and is open to residents of Aura and gym members. Hard Candy Fitness is a 42,000 square foot facility featuring spacious 19 foot floor-to-ceiling windows, a unique functional training area, energy studio, cycling studio, fully customized Juice Bar, and world class amenities.

all images © Hard Candy Fitness
Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (4) - colour.jpg

Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (5).jpg

Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (9).jpg

Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (10).jpg

Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (12).jpg

all images © Hard Candy Fitness

Attachments

• Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (4) - colour.jpg
    Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (4) - colour.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 898
  • Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (5).jpg
    Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (5).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 819
  • Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (9).jpg
    Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (9).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 807
  • Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (10).jpg
    Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (10).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 872
  • Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (12).jpg
    Hard Candy Grand Opening - Madonna class (12).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 819
It looks like part of the lighting feature was turned on this morning:

aura-1.jpg

aura-2.jpg

Attachments

• aura-2.jpg
    aura-2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 765
  • aura-1.jpg
    aura-1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 764
I don't want to get my hopes up, but based on the rendering and the way the lighting looked when I walked past this morning, this is gonna be a very attractive effect!

It looks like part of the lighting feature was turned on this morning:

wow! that is definitely prominent. I thought the renders had over emphasized the effect they would have, but this disproves that.

Taken today from the Fairview garage:
*should have brought a better camera, view is amazing

13086899744_406301f3a6_b.jpg

13086527815_c2c5b65134_b.jpg

13086932004_d4836f28cc_c.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, I didn't think they'd be as bright as the render. These are literally going to be thick prominent strips that shine an "aura" through the skyline ;)

I'm glad that the lights are happening, but will these not shine into residents' units? I'd fear that the condo corp. would shut them off following complaints.

^ We got a pessimistic here.

I'm glad that the lights are happening, but will these not shine into residents' units? I'd fear that the condo corp. would shut them off following complaints.

Isn't the upper portion of the tower for non-residential use?

Too late, Mr Bear. The optimists on this thread are down to single digits. The rest have given in to the reality that this thing is the world's largest design-build turkey.

No, the optimistics simply don't post so much like the pessimistics do. At least I don't keep ranting my disappointment about this development in every post. :)
Oh, and I'm not sure what you mean with "design-build turkey", but I'm assuming you haven't see really bad-design buildings around the world.

Last edited:

Back