Lights are on tonight as well. Thought I'd take a few shots heading home from class. First picture was taken in front of Pitman Hall at Ryerson along Church Street. Second and third pictures were taken along Gerrard around Church Street.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the strips of lights are a fluorescent white!

ZRicUTB.jpg

PUCdrZn.jpg

Uigsz0e.jpg

Last edited:
20140311_185642.jpg

Shot from NW QP college intersection at around 7 tonight. First time I even remembered there was going to be a lighting feature!

Attachments

• 20140311_185642.jpg
    20140311_185642.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 519
How many times have I said not to judge until it's finished. My money says this will look better than One Bloor when both are said and done.

I saw it when I was walking home tonight. The lighting feature does look pretty cool, altho I do wish it were a little more subdued. It's going to be a landmark for sure.

As a point of curiosity, I wonder what happens when the lights burn out? Can the bulbs or LED strips be swapped out easily? I'm jokingly imagining the biggest beast of a cherry picker on site to change out the light strips when the lights go out later on.

Benefits of using LED's is that most of a standard burn time of 50,000 hours (which equates to around 3 years running continuously). Obviously with so many lights there will be the odd that short-out or burn-out too quickly, but they will likely be able to replace the strip or panel (whatever it is they are using).

It would be cool if those lights could flow from top to bottom, like falling rain. I hope there is some movement or changes in intensity/colour.

image.jpg

Wow, you guys are fast for posting up the pics for the new led strips. And here I thought I'd be first. Lol
Here's a crappy iphone shot I did at the corner of bay and gerrard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 743
I'm surprised the lights are being activated long before the building is complete, unlike most other projects.

will the light strips change colors like CN tower or other buildings?

Back