I'm glad that the lights are happening, but will these not shine into residents' units? I'd fear that the condo corp. would shut them off following complaints.

I don't think it'll be much of an issue - similar to the lights on the bridge at Parade in Cityplace

I don't think it'll be much of an issue - similar to the lights on the bridge at Parade in Cityplace

There's been some complaints about the lights there, as they do shine into units. The lights on Aura, however, do not face any units, so it shouldn't be an issue at all.

I hate this building at ground level, but aside from that it has gone from blech to nice! The lighting feature just puts it over the top for me. I have a great view of it from my balcony. I'll try to check it out tonight.

My comment has nothing to do with Aura itself but, with these lower cost LED bars connections deteriorating in no time. You see it the world over including Toronto. As a tight budgeted condominium, I don't see top quality LEDs used which aren't maintenance free to keep them lit either.

^ We got a pessimistic here.

Isn't the upper portion of the tower for non-residential use?

My comment has nothing to do with Aura itself but, with these lower cost LED bars connections deteriorating in no time. You see it the world over including Toronto. As a tight budgeted condominium, I don't see top quality LEDs used which aren't maintenance free to keep them lit either.

It all depends on how and what the LED lighting is being included for. If it is part of the building's public art contribution, the condo board has no choice but to maintain the lights. They can be taken to court for not maintaining them. A few of the older CityPlace buildings had started shutting down their lights (incandescent though), due to cost. When approached by Concord Adex and the city to re-light their buildings, the boards ended up having to replace their lighting systems with LED's in order to lower their costs, as opposed to eliminating the feature altogether as they intended.

That's my concern too. Roof top light features are generally poor in my area, and are not maintained well so they look like hell (ROCP 1 & 2, Murano twins etc.) after a year or two.

It all depends on how and what the LED lighting is being included for. If it is part of the building's public art contribution, the condo board has no choice but to maintain the lights. They can be taken to court for not maintaining them. A few of the older CityPlace buildings had started shutting down their lights (incandescent though), due to cost. When approached by Concord Adex and the city to re-light their buildings, the boards ended up having to replace their lighting systems with LED's in order to lower their costs, as opposed to eliminating the feature altogether as they intended.

The public art installation atop The Met condos, "The Harbinger", hasn't worked since November or December of 2012. Then there's TRUM's failed installation.

The public art installation atop The Met condos, "The Harbinger", hasn't worked since November or December of 2012. Then there's TRUM's failed installation.

yep. I hope Aura doesn't suffer the same fate,

Fantastic photos everyone on the lighting!, it's crazy how we ain't even seen nothing yet, I count 13 strips across on the east side as per the renders. Gonna be one bright building at night if they keep to the renders! I understand it's angled away, but wonder if any of the lighting will actually leak through for the residents on those floors.

Those strips seem to be quite bright; there will inevitably be light leakage in the apartments. This will be turned off, with good reason.

Surely these are designed so as not to direct any light into the residential units. As for them being too bright I was thinking that too, but I think that once the building is fully occupied lighting from the interior through the windows will help balance those strips out and still maintain their prominence on the building. At least that's my line of thinking right now.

Wow Looking Fantastic (JMO). Thanks for the Photo posts guys. As for the Lighting being a problem... not for those living in Aura no cause the building is curved and two cause they are blocked from behind and sides like fitted into small brackets (speculation) so light faces out and not just everywhere. But I do wonder, those in collage park if the light could be a problem for them?

The upper floors of Aura were designed specifically for those who wanted to feel what it's like to live in a neon sign.

There's been some complaints about the lights there, as they do shine into units. The lights on Aura, however, do not face any units, so it shouldn't be an issue at all.

And any future tall projects that get built nearby will have been built knowing that these lights existed - so hopefully they wouldn't be able to complain.

Back