It wasn't working for well over a year, and still doesn't. It changes colour from red to blue all night for no apparent reason, the weather beacon doesn't work.
Ya, it was working properly earlier this year I believe, but now it does this weird flash thing between red and green.

15076602126_87ee950951_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetwashphotos/15076602126

It looks far better then any other building in that photo.

it's true. Aura is by far the most contemporary, future-looking building in that pic. and the only one imo that makes an impression. the roofline really defines this building and the lighting only solidifies its place as a landmark building.
the best photo i've seen of Aura. you almost forget about the bad.

Agree. I have a panoramic view of everything from the CBD to Yorkville from my balcony. The CBD looks great, but AURA often steals the show. That's especially true at sunrise. Yes the mall is bad and yes the spandrel on the lower portion is disappointing, but the top third completely elevates this building. Besides, that spandrel can one day be replaced with something nicer.

This is a good addition to Toronto.

Aura impressed me. The top half + roof execution + lighting has saved the building in my books. It's very attractive/futuristic, dominates the area with it's height, and actually adds to Toronto in a positive way. It's a landmark. Overall a solid 8/10 in my books. If the base and shopping was better executed it would be a perfect tower.

If development continues at this pace, there may be a day when only that top third is visible in most skyline shots.

it's true. Aura is by far the most contemporary, future-looking building in that pic. and the only one imo that makes an impression. the roofline really defines this building and the lighting only solidifies its place as a landmark building.
the best photo i've seen of Aura. you almost forget about the bad.

I couldn't agree more!

I'd even take it further and say, from that vantage point, with setting sun, Aura is the best looking building in Toronto.

Agree. I have a panoramic view of everything from the CBD to Yorkville from my balcony. The CBD looks great, but AURA often steals the show. That's especially true at sunrise. Yes the mall is bad and yes the spandrel on the lower portion is disappointing, but the top third completely elevates this building. Besides, that spandrel can one day be replaced with something nicer.

This is a good addition to Toronto.

Aura impressed me. The top half + roof execution + lighting has saved the building in my books. It's very attractive/futuristic, dominates the area with it's height, and actually adds to Toronto in a positive way. It's a landmark. Overall a solid 8/10 in my books. If the base and shopping was better executed it would be a perfect tower.

Oh good god. This is why we can't have nice things.

Why are people judging this unfortunate building solely from its skyline shot? More specifically, the skyline shot of it at night.

Back