Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’i of Canada have submitted Official Plan and Major Zoning By-Law Amendment applications for the subject lands at 7015, 7200 and 7290 Leslie Street, Thornhill, Markham. This application will facilitate the development of a new Bahá’í National Centre and Canadian National Temple. The concept plan included a daycare, lodging, and worship building.

Concept from Markham's Circulated Planning Applications:
Circulated+Planning+Development+Applications+November+28+to+December+11,+2022-24.png

Some information regarding the city's concerns can be found starting on pg.43 of the General Committee Meeting Agenda of September 2022.

So I guess it's designed to handle our disingenuous winters...

Huh, it took BlogTO 4 hours to craft this cut-and-paste job, although they credit someone other than us as being the author. Seriously, nice plagiarism BlahgTO.

BlogTO is not known for their journalism or writing, and they are definitely not a very credible or accurate source for news. It is simply a blog or tabloid for mildly entertaining events and happenings around the city. The comments section, more like pointless banter by ignorant readers, are more entertaining (and often more infuriating and sad) than the articles themselves. BlogTO is like the blog equivalent to the Toronto Sun.

Offtopic, but it's interesting how many different religious places there are within a 2km radius of Steeles and Bayview

There's a synagogue right by a mosque, buddhist, hindu, taoist, and zoroastrian temples, the baha'i centre, tyndale university, brebeuf college, and the bayview glen church. There's even some kind of a cult at the north west corner of the intersection.

This has got to be some kind of a record

1675802608156.png

Offtopic, but it's interesting how many different religious places there are within a 2km radius of Steeles and Bayview

There's a synagogue right by a mosque, buddhist, hindu, taoist, and zoroastrian temples, the baha'i centre, tyndale university, brebeuf college, and the bayview glen church. There's even some kind of a cult at the north west corner of the intersection.

This has got to be some kind of a record

View attachment 454782

I think that's a Hindu organization, not a "cult".

AoD

Back