Great colour (white with black windows/mullions), love the weight/solidity, and how the balconies are shielded and hidden by the pushed out sections. I grew tired of those see through glass exteriors 6 years ago. They offer little sense of permanence.

I'd like to see about ~50 glass condo buildings that went up recently to be re-clad with actual walls like this one. It shouldn't be too long before a heap of them start failing and will need replacing. They can start in City Place.

Don't hold your breath on the "White" because 1 & 2 Old Mill condos also had white in their renderings but they turned out to be the run of the mill "Grey" precast.

Old and Two Old Mill are not covered in run-of-the-mill gray precast, it's white without being blinding white.

IMG_20170503_Bianca.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170503_Bianca.jpg
    IMG_20170503_Bianca.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 872
We've added a whole bunch of new renderings in our Database file, linked in the header up top. Here's one from the new set of images:

dddCW6v24S.jpeg

I have good news to report on the materials front from tonight's public consultation. They'll be using a true white concrete for the white surfaces and a darker precast concrete for the almost-black contrast bits. Here's a close-up of what they had on display:

View attachment 107654 View attachment 107655 View attachment 107656

I also had an interesting chat with the Tridel rep in attendance. I told him I was heartened to see the quality of the materials slated to be used here, and that I was especially displeased with the quality of finishes on some of their past projects, including the window wall and spandrel on Aqualina (or whichever one the blocky one is).

To his credit, he conceded that it was definitely a problem in their past, and that I was far from the first person to point that out. He was very surprised to hear my displeasure with the Aqualina (I'm sticking with it). Still, I appreciate that his attention is turned to it.

They don't have a retail tenant lined up yet, but said they're in discussions.

A bunch more pics from the meeting in the next post (can't get any additional pics up in here for some reason).

I have good news to report on the materials front from tonight's public consultation. They'll be using a true white concrete for the white surfaces and a darker precast concrete for the almost-black contrast bits. Here's a close-up of what they had on display:

I also had an interesting chat with the Tridel rep in attendance. I told him I was heartened to see the quality of the materials slated to be used here, and that I was especially displeased with the quality of finishes on some of their past projects, including the window wall and spandrel on Aqualina (or whichever one the blocky one is).

To his credit, he conceded that it was definitely a problem in their past, and that I was far from the first person to point that out. He was very surprised to hear my displeasure with the Aqualina (I'm sticking with it). Still, I appreciate that his attention is turned to it.

They don't have a retail tenant lined up yet, but said they're in discussions.

A bunch more pics from the meeting in the next post (can't get any additional pics up in here for some reason).

While it's good to hear that 'they understand' it's been a problem, also hearing that he's 'surprised' at the quality of Aqualina just means that they've just got no idea what they're talking about. And with 101 Erskine turning out as putrid as it is, I'm doubtful they've learned any lessons at all...

Happy to be disproven though!

Having having trouble uploading photos, so I'll just finish off the update with these details:

- 275 Albany (this), 740 Dupont, 500 Dupont, and 840 Dupont are all OMB approved and are expected to progress on the same planning timelines
- Planning expects all four projects will go to Community Council in "fall", so to Council shortly thereafter, meaning permitting should occur sometime early winter.
- The Dupont Castle BIA (that's not exactly the correct name but it's close) has a very attractive slew of streetscape (and related) improvements that they will implement in conjunction with major road reconstruction as it relates to these developments. I've got pics of those as well, and some of it looks very nice. Those are focused between Spadina and Davenport, though.

Back