Looks like sales have been moving along reasonably well.

According to their website, out of 30 units they have ~7 remaining:

bib.JPG

Appears like there's some recent signs of life here. A resubmission with new docs was made back in Oct 2022. The most notable difference after skimming thru is:

View attachment 448708
I can tell you this one sold out quickly. I was on the list for notifications and the three bedrooms were gone before I even got an e-mail. I really like the style of this building.

I can tell you this one sold out quickly. I was on the list for notifications and the three bedrooms were gone before I even got an e-mail. I really like the style of this building.
Who are the people buying these units? Local downsizers?

Who are the people buying these units? Local downsizers?
I also wonder who is buying these. I liked the style of the building, and was disappointed when the floorplans were release. The suite layouts were terrible. Super deep and skinny units, even for Toronto standards. I was also really turned off by the kitchen backsplash is also the window to your bedroom that I saw in most plans(example linked below). I don't think downsizers, would accept such terrible layouts, especially at that price point. I think this building was bought by investors who bought into the marketing hype. Style but not substance.

I don’t see the “kitchen backsplash being a window” deal, but that layout looks claustrophobic. It’s like an NYC railroad but smaller and less functional.

Also, why are there two bathrooms in there? Is that really the best use of space?

I also wonder who is buying these. I liked the style of the building, and was disappointed when the floorplans were release. The suite layouts were terrible. Super deep and skinny units, even for Toronto standards. I was also really turned off by the kitchen backsplash is also the window to your bedroom that I saw in most plans(example linked below). I don't think downsizers, would accept such terrible layouts, especially at that price point. I think this building was bought by investors who bought into the marketing hype. Style but not substance.

Ah, well then it's investors who are renting it out.
Also, why are there two bathrooms in there? Is that really the best use of space?
It's a "two bedroom" so the design conceit calls for a master ensuite. But I agree it's a waste.

I don’t see the “kitchen backsplash being a window” deal, but that layout looks claustrophobic. It’s like an NYC railroad but smaller and less functional.

Re: the kitchen backsplash is also the window to your bedroom. I found some floor plans that I was sent by the developer that show this more clearly. I've never seen this before, and frankly think this is laughable. The sorry state of housing and a sign that the industry is under so much pressure they have to resort to this level of nonsense to make condo projects financially viable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121-172525.png
    Screenshot_20230121-172525.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 52
Re: the kitchen backsplash is also the window to your bedroom. I found some floor plans that I was sent by the developer that show this more clearly. I've never seen this before, and frankly think this is laughable. The sorry state of housing and a sign that the industry is under so much pressure they have to resort to this level of nonsense to make condo projects financially viable.
Screenshot_20230121-172525.png

This is another disappointing soft loft where the layouts are no different than a generic mass-marketed condo of today — tiny living spaces, narrow bowling-alley units, not-so-lofty 9’ ceilings (with exception of the top floors), dry-walled bulkheads and no cool loft-like features or finishes (exposed brick, beams, ducts, pipes, etc.), and the previously mentioned bedrooms with the questionable window overlooking the kitchen counter. The two-bedroom units should really be a one-bedroom one-bath unit to give it that spacious loft-like feel which this desperately lacks. 8-foot bedrooms where you could barely fit a real bed and 7-foot living rooms where you only fit a loveseat doesn’t cut it in a “loft”. It’s not uncommon for hard lofts to be over 1,000 sq.ft. and only have 1-bedroom and 1-bath with wide-open spacious layouts.
At least the outside looks nice with the red brick and arches.

I have seen some units at M5V Condos with a kitchen backsplash window in the bedroom so that they can call it a legal bedroom. It looks really stupid from both sides.
When I wake up in the morning I don’t want to see dirty dishes or stuff on my kitchen counter!
I would rather have a bedroom with no natural light than have that awkward view (or my guests see my bedroom through it).

Back