The sales office is closed, as expected given the pandemic. Taken this morning:

IMG_20200414_072253.jpg

IMG_20200414_072234.jpg

Optimistically, there is a new sign posted looking to lease retail space:

IMG_20200414_072315-01.jpeg

2442-2454 Bloor St West

The Zoning By-law amendment application for this site has been finalized. In April 2019, the developer, the City, and all other parties to the appeal reached a settlement for a 12-storey building on site, which the LPAT approved. A Site Plan application, including streetscaping at the northeast corner of Bloor St W and Riverview Gardens, remains under review. A demolition application for the buildings onsite has been approved.

Reactions: PMT

Construction Staging Area - 2442-2454 Bloor Street West and 1-9 Riverview Gardens (Phase 1 and 2)

Major construction activities and associated timelines for the development are described below:

• Demolition: January 2021 to September 2021
• Excavation and shoring: September 2021 to December 2022;
• Below grade formwork: January 2023 to January 2024;
• Above grade formwork: February 2024 to September 2025;
• Building envelope phase: September 2025 to March 2026; and
• Interior finishes stage: September 2025 to September 2026.

The construction staging area for Phase 1 and Phase 2 will be set up within the first public laneway north of Bloor Street West, east of Riverview Gardens, for a period of 24 months. Additional requirements for Phase 3 will be discussed in a future report.

Seems like a pretty relaxed schedule. Demolition seems long, as do excavation and shoring given that they're not going all that deep here. Then a whole other year to get back to grade.

I guess the upside is that this schedule is probably realistic.

Seems like a pretty relaxed schedule. Demolition seems long, as do excavation and shoring given that they're not going all that deep here. Then a whole other year to get back to grade.

I guess the upside is that this schedule is probably realistic.
I suspect there will be lots of careful, difficult work to be done below grade around — and near — the TTC subway tunnels. Must butt right up against them?

I suspect there will be lots of careful, difficult work to be done below grade around — and near — the TTC subway tunnels. Must butt right up against them?
At its closest point in the northeast corner, the walls will still be over 7 metres from the subway tunnel.

BijouSitePln.jpg

Hopefully they get some good soundproofing installed here. This section of subway has been one of the most notorious spots for wheel squeel and vibration issues.

Couldn't resist going by to check it out myself. They started working early this morning, still on the same section:

PXL_20210525_114455026.MP-01.jpeg

Some additional hoarding has been added at the corner. Were it not for this, you wouldn't suspect anything had changed from the front of the site.

PXL_20210525_114816354.MP-01.jpeg

Back