News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

1658351810301.png

This is just behind/east of Dufferin Grove Park.

As of now Bikeshare Toronto sports 629 active stations.

The one thing I don't like about the e-bikes is the front rack. I can't get the elastic cord over top of my shoulder bag (containing laptop and a few other things) and into those slots. The regular bikes have those pegs on the front of the rack, which gives enough room for me.

Justin Hanna, the Director of Bikeshare Toronto has a column in today's Star promoting the service and touting its grown in ridership and membership numbers:

My fear about the e-bike expansion is that it will replace mechanical bikes. When an e-bike battery runs out it becomes a dud. TO BikeShare has not been good at moving these to charging stations. I'm concerned we will have fewer working bikes overall and fewer spaces to dock.

Still, it seems that the e-bikes are being hoarded by the food couriers. I don’t understand why Toronto hasn’t gone with a premium for e-bikes, unlike other cities I’ve been to with them, like Montreal or Kansas City.

My fear about the e-bike expansion is that it will replace mechanical bikes. When an e-bike battery runs out it becomes a dud. TO BikeShare has not been good at moving these to charging stations. I'm concerned we will have fewer working bikes overall and fewer spaces to dock.
Are you sure they can't be pedaled? It would certainly make it more of a slog since the bike is heavier.

Are you sure they can't be pedaled? It would certainly make it more of a slog since the bike is heavier.

As soon as the bike docks, though, it’s marked “out of service” with the red indicator light. So they aren’t available until recharging.

This happened to me the one and only time I was able to snag one of the Toronto e-bikes.

Back