Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 7.39.21 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 7.39.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 7.39.47 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,309
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 7.39.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 7.39.21 AM.png
    704.2 KB · Views: 1,251
Does this mean Ireland Park is finally open again?

Ireland Park has been open for ages

A friend used the tunnel the other day. The escalator was already out of service

He said the stairs were a workout!

There are two escalators going up and one going down. There is a landing halfway up, so actually 2 escalators going up halfway, 2 escalators up the next half, and 1 down each half, for a total of 6.

There are also, I believe, 2 elevators at the island side going between the tunnel, arrival, and departures levels.

All 6 escalators and 2 elevators were simultaneously broken down?

The escalators he needed to go up were not working and he didn't want to join the long lineup for the elevators so took the stairs.

The few times I've been through there has also been chaos around the Toronto-side elevators. If there's more than one elevator of people, nobody could figure out how or where to line up. And after flying, problem solving/independent thinking skills are usually pretty depleted.

Yes, but can you access it via Bathurst? Last time I was down there during Pan Am the Park was only accessible via the Portland slip (east side of silos).
There may be WT work kicking off on the slip side soon according to a rumour I heard...

I checked it out, and you can indeed access the park via Bathurst. There is a nice little path east of the elevator building.

There are actually two entrances to Ireland Park from Bathurst. The one that is in your photos and the one that runs immediately south of the School/Commiunity Centre, the latter brings you to Bathurst Quay and thence to the Park. I was actually there yesterday myself.

Back