I haven't seen a pic of the front of Bisha in over 3 months? Has the glass on the podium been put in?

Update from today.

IMG_5600.JPG
IMG_5601.JPG
IMG_5597.JPG
IMG_5592.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5597.JPG
    IMG_5597.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_5600.JPG
    IMG_5600.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_5601.JPG
    IMG_5601.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_5592.JPG
    IMG_5592.JPG
    408 KB · Views: 331
The brick looks nice at street level at least, and I see the ghost of Tim Horton in the window. It took me a minute to figure out what that was.

Honestly not horrible. I can see this looking quite mundane in winter light though. The podium is the only saving grace in any case.

Does anyone know if they'll going to clean the calcium buildup dirt etc on the brick ? Or is it going to be painted? If not they should cover it with ivy plants to add some character. Because it makes the building look dirty.

I'd assume they'd clean it once the building site is cleared. No render shows it being painted. If they painted the brick it would likely ruin any redeeming factor this building has, so let's hope they don't do that.

When a major, 44 storey hotel/condo tower is described as "Honestly not horrible" "not bad really" and "definitely passable" you know you're in trouble! The standard for what's acceptable keeps getting lower and lower. If the big grey box is going to be Toronto's future, I guess "passable" is a term we better get used to but sadly, I aspire to something more for my city!!!

Back