I feel like the only place that they could add seats would be the North and South stands as im pretty sure the East and West stands both go all the way up to the roof...

West stand can be expanded - it's well under the roof line - that was done intentionally

.. would be nice if they just rebuilt the west stand to meet the roof, rebuild the sound end as a safe standing section up to the roof and build a new north stand that has retractable seating for the CFL... dunno if TFC could use all that capacity though.

Wonder if they could a "grandstand stage" for CNE matinee and evening shows?

three-stooges-canadian-national_1_ce2f68b0f1805c3a5fdd14e586a4a0e0.jpg
From link.
photo-toronto-queenandparliament-pccstreetcar-tastyrestaurantsign-1963.jpg
From link.

I feel like the only place that they could add seats would be the North and South stands as im pretty sure the East and West stands both go all the way up to the roof...

Not the case. The West side is significantly under the roofline of the East. Also the second tiers of the West side are more like aluminum bleachers rather than concrete like the reconstructed east side.

“It’s not that complicated of a building,” said David Watson, a partner with Halcrow-Yolles, the structural consultant. “A good portion of the seats are framed with a pre-engineered bleacher system, consisting of structural steel with aluminum decking on top.”
IMG_20190824_194331.jpg
IMG_20190824_194200.jpg
PXL_20211014_010429764.jpg

Wonder if the Food Building could be converted into confection stands and restaurants venue attached to the stands?

Looks busier at a MLS game…
Well, maybe not this year. Toronto FC were bad enough that few were interested by the time they started having home games there.
The national team World Cup Qualifying games did nearly fill the stadium (or half capacity when that was the maximum allowed).
Wonder if they could have a "grandstand stage" for CNE matinee and evening shows?
three-stooges-canadian-national_1_ce2f68b0f1805c3a5fdd14e586a4a0e0.jpg
From link.
photo-toronto-queenandparliament-pccstreetcar-tastyrestaurantsign-1963.jpg
From link.
Oh -- wise guy, eh?
stooges_eye_poke.gif

Last edited:
We said they will ruin the field.
Seats are fair game for all supporters
a terrace shouldn't have seats anyway

Yeah Toronto FC fans are so classy!! :rolleyes: Look at the damage at BMO field after a Toronto FC game. I don't see Raptor/Leafs/Jays/Argo's fans doing this.

Also, im pretty sure that was just after TFC won their first championship (seeing as the tweet is dated December 2017). If that was the only damage done after a local team just won a trophy, I'm pretty impressed. When the Raptors won in 2019 im pretty sure there was a lot more carnage.

Also, im pretty sure that was just after TFC won their first championship (seeing as the tweet is dated December 2017). If that was the only damage done after a local team just won a trophy, I'm pretty impressed. When the Raptors won in 2019 im pretty sure there was a lot more carnage.
Yes, it was from TFC supporters jumping up on the seats in the supporters section. A lot of newer MLS stadiums build-in safe-standing areas for supporters so that situations like this are mitigated.

Back