• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Here's an instructive look at the precast cornice on 18 Beverley Street, a building only about 6 or 7 years old. Something to look forward to on the BE. Let's hope the owners of these things have the will and the money to maintain and clean them in the future. I imagine in 20 or 30 years we'll see some seriously grim facades. No avoiding nature's paintbrush of course, but it would nice if we built more things nowadays that wear a patina with some grace.

5168846837_95819a4816_z.jpg

I like the warehouse-esque windows, but the brick and precast detailing are lacking. Sort of reminds me of the early 1990s PoMo of structures like the Sun Building, or George Brown College building on Adelaide (pre-renovation). This might've been decent 20 years ago, but now it already looks dated.

Bingo.

Even worse that it's built in such a high-profile location. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was hidden away down some side street.

Why is there such a trend in the city for green glass? Is there a benefit for residents here that I'm missing? Cause from the street it always ends up looking like a suburban office building.

On that pic...it wouldnt hurt the city to spend a couple bucks and paint that overpass iron bridge, YUK:eek:

Regarding green glass..there is a sale going on these days and its cheap.:rolleyes:

I wonder how much longer till this hideous strip mall at the croner gets re-developed?
There's already some renders and (I believe) a proposal for the site (There is thread for it buried somewhere in the forum). No idea if there is a sales site or if they are even selling units yet. Probably tied to another local development and will start selling when it closes.

Hey any one else get a letter in the mail pushing back the occupancy date from March 2011 to June 2011? Also have any of you been receiving any kind of compensation for all the delays?

jp.

I am on the 8th Floor. Last letter I got was for April but that was months ago. I haven't received any updates yet. I think they can give one more notice before they have to start compensating for the delays but I could be wrong.

Just got a letter yesterday. Pushed back to July now. I imagine this should be the last delay.

Back