• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date

urbandreamer

recession proof
Member Bio
Reaction score
23 December 2010: What's this phase called? I believe it's actually the tchc building. Verdict?

dsc00931z.jpg

dsc00926jq.jpg

samsonyuen

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the beige, the Curve building to the east (not pictured) is looking nice though (Westside Gallery Lofts Phase 2).

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's not TCHC. It's a joint venture between St Clare Multi-faith and Verdiroc with funding from the Federal/Provincial Affordable Housing Program

SP!RE

°°°°°°
Member Bio
Reaction score
I think the massing is just great. In the first picture posted above, that's really demonstrated.

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think the massing is just great. In the first picture posted above, that's really demonstrated.

+1

It's really great, and I've seen it person - it doesn't come off as modern at all though and there are a couple improvements that would have helped - but the massing is great indeed.

Torontovibe

Member Bio
Reaction score
I agree, the massing is perfect for Queen Street. I think all major retail streets should be lined with buildings around this height. It's a perfect height to add density, yet not turn a street into a canyon. I'd love to see The Danforth lined with 6 to 10 floor buildings.

urbandreamer

recession proof
Member Bio
Reaction score
12 February 2011--after being stuck in High Park/Junction area for the past month, much of it spent sick in bed, getting off the Dufferin bus @Queen this area, with the new boho streetwall suddenly made this stretch feel claustrophobic--in a good way. A pity the architecture fails to impress. Grade: C-.

011av.jpg

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
12 February 2011--after being stuck in High Park/Junction area for the past month, much of it spent sick in bed, getting off the Dufferin bus @Queen this area, with the new boho streetwall suddenly made this stretch feel claustrophobic--in a good way. A pity the architecture fails to impress. Grade: C-.

]

Disagree completely :)
I'd give it a solid B+.

The architecture isn't the best, neither are the details - but the big picture is what I love i.e. the way it meats the street / the colours used / I love the angled glass / how it fits into the area. It also really creates the urban feel.
Also find it looks better in person.

Great!

gristle

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry, I think Ideal Lofts and East lofts are the model to follow here.

Absolutely. Bohemian Embarrassment is an unfortunate contribution to this part of Queen. I would have far preferred something handsome and well-fitting like Ideal Lofts, or a building with character like East lofts.