• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
23 December 2010: What's this phase called? I believe it's actually the tchc building. Verdict?

dsc00931z.jpg

dsc00926jq.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the beige, the Curve building to the east (not pictured) is looking nice though (Westside Gallery Lofts Phase 2).

It's not TCHC. It's a joint venture between St Clare Multi-faith and Verdiroc with funding from the Federal/Provincial Affordable Housing Program

I think the massing is just great. In the first picture posted above, that's really demonstrated.

I think the massing is just great. In the first picture posted above, that's really demonstrated.

+1

It's really great, and I've seen it person - it doesn't come off as modern at all though and there are a couple improvements that would have helped - but the massing is great indeed.

I agree, the massing is perfect for Queen Street. I think all major retail streets should be lined with buildings around this height. It's a perfect height to add density, yet not turn a street into a canyon. I'd love to see The Danforth lined with 6 to 10 floor buildings.

12 February 2011--after being stuck in High Park/Junction area for the past month, much of it spent sick in bed, getting off the Dufferin bus @Queen this area, with the new boho streetwall suddenly made this stretch feel claustrophobic--in a good way. A pity the architecture fails to impress. Grade: C-.

011av.jpg

12 February 2011--after being stuck in High Park/Junction area for the past month, much of it spent sick in bed, getting off the Dufferin bus @Queen this area, with the new boho streetwall suddenly made this stretch feel claustrophobic--in a good way. A pity the architecture fails to impress. Grade: C-.

]

Disagree completely :)
I'd give it a solid B+.

The architecture isn't the best, neither are the details - but the big picture is what I love i.e. the way it meats the street / the colours used / I love the angled glass / how it fits into the area. It also really creates the urban feel.
Also find it looks better in person.

Great!

Sorry, I think Ideal Lofts and East lofts are the model to follow here.

Absolutely. Bohemian Embarrassment is an unfortunate contribution to this part of Queen. I would have far preferred something handsome and well-fitting like Ideal Lofts, or a building with character like East lofts.

Back