Maybe I'm a monster, but I have zero nostalgia for Blue Bird buses!

Frankly, just what would you do with that sign had it been saved anyway? If it wasn't going back up on the Brant Park, it might not have been easy to find an appropriate new home for it. What would you have done with it UD?

I would put it in the lobby of the Brant Park or outside of it as the public art component or part of the street address--Blue Bird Building sign with street address letters added.

Alternatively, I would embed it in the sidewalk or even more radically, emboss the letters into the precast panels of the building--you know like the NimbyTect checkerboard pattern at Humbertown.

Last edited:
I would put it in the lobby of the Brant Park or outside of it as the public art component or part of the street address--Blue Bird Building sign with street address letters added.

Alternatively, I would embed it in the sidewalk or even more radically, emboss the letters into the precast panels of the building--you know like the NimbyTect checkerboard pattern at Humbertown.

Exactly. Wouldn't have been hard or expensive either.

It's not very ornate, but that we're losing this kind of detailed masonry all the time and not putting up anything new makes every loss a bit disheartening.

Oct 14th

IMG_0134.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,014
Jan 28th

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

IMG_7073.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7067.jpg
    IMG_7067.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_7069.jpg
    IMG_7069.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 714
  • IMG_7073.jpg
    IMG_7073.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 762
I really like the clean simplicity of this one. Should've bought one.

I also like the look of this too. It has a certain cool midcentury modern look to it, but I was disappointed about the layouts of the units.
If there was a nice 1 bedroom with den unit overlooking the park I would have bought it, but the building is comprised mostly of units under 700 sf with penthouses over 1,000 sf and nothing in between.

Is it just me, or does it seem that excavation is moving very slowing considering demolition was done about six months ago?

I also like the look of this too. It has a certain cool midcentury modern look to it, but I was disappointed about the layouts of the units.
If there was a nice 1 bedroom with den unit overlooking the park I would have bought it, but the building is comprised mostly of units under 700 sf with penthouses over 1,000 sf and nothing in between.

Is it just me, or does it seem that excavation is moving very slowing considering demolition was done about six months ago?

We probably won't see construction starting in earnest until profits from Theatre Park start rolling in.

We probably won't see construction starting in earnest until profits from Theatre Park start rolling in.

The 'profits' from Theatre Park will not start rolling in until the building has been completed, and registration has taken place, and closure on the units starts to take place. While there has been one instance recently of a building being registered around the time of initial occupancy, that is an outlier, extremely unusual. Most registrations take place in the 4 - 8 month timeframe after initial occupancy. And given the developer's recent entry into the condominium industry, a fast registration should not be expected. So, 'profits' from Theatre Park, will not be until some time well into 2015.

Meanwhile, as is common in the industry, construction financing is arranged on a project by project basis, with funding committed once a specified threshold of sales has been reached (with the exception of some specific developers, such as Daniels and Pinnacle who can and sometimes do self finance their projects). Brant Park has sold quite well, reaching the threshold required for their construction financing to be committed a while ago - hence the demolition of the sales office (which kind of impedes making further sales), and the start of construction.

Why would you think that 'We probably won't see construction starting in earnest until profits from Theatre Park start rolling in.'?

Last edited:
More likely factors are that the site is massive and the winter has been bitterly cold.

Back