News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Thanks! I totally forgot about that one, I think I last had it when it was in bottles. I'll have to make a trip down there to grab some.
If you're on the west side, Bossanova Bottle Shop on Roncesvalles carries a lot of east end beer, including MYB.

(I know the owners of Bossanova, so consider this an ad)

If you're on the west side, Bossanova Bottle Shop on Roncesvalles carries a lot of east end beer, including MYB.

Great tip - I wasn't aware of this Bossanova.

Reactions: PL1

Unfortunately I am quite a ways from the west side these days (Durham Region) but I still work in Scarborough, so the east end breweries are an easy trip. That's actually something the (very) east end could use, a bottle shop to serve East York, Scarborough, etc. I can't think of any nearby.

From Godspeed Brewery's Facebook page:

"Pivní Slavnosti: a Czech Celebration Featuring Czechvar Brewery

This celebration is a culmination of a year-long project with one of the most illustrious breweries in the world. Join us as we celebrate Czech brewing culture and debut not one, but two collaborations with our friends at Czechvar. One brewed in České Budějovice and the other brewed here in Toronto - which marked the first international collab in Czechvar's 127-year history. The rest of our taps will feature our entire range of Czech-style lagers, along with classic Czechvar beer.

Doors open at 12pm Saturday [October 22] with cans of our Toronto brewed collaboration on sale in person and online. Our European collab will only be available in limited quantities on tap.

On Sunday, October 23rd meet our special guest Adam Brož, Brewmaster of Czechvar.

Prague Restaurant will be doing a special Czech pop up in the kitchen.

More details to follow..."

Last edited:
I think Steadfast is going down. I pass by frequently, and ever since the busy opening night that I attended, I've hardly ever seen anyone in there. No buzz. No vibe. The mostly white walls and way-too-bright interior lighting don't help at all in my opinion. A brewpub needs to look cozy to be inviting.

I think Steadfast is going down. I pass by frequently, and ever since the busy opening night that I attended, I've hardly ever seen anyone in there. No buzz. No vibe. The mostly white walls and way-too-bright interior lighting don't help at all in my opinion. A brewpub needs to look cozy to be inviting.

I passed by last Friday around 6:30 PM and it was dead in there as well. Which was a fairly big contract to other more popular bars or restaurants either to the east or west. I ended up going to "The Commoner" over at Dundas W & Howard Park.

I think after this many iterations of brewpubs, this location is just shaping up to be one of those "cursed" retail spots. Being at the edge of a neighbourhood or tail end of streets continues to put it as a disadvantage.

I passed by last Friday around 6:30 PM and it was dead in there as well. Which was a fairly big contract to other more popular bars or restaurants either to the east or west. I ended up going to "The Commoner" over at Dundas W & Howard Park.

I think after this many iterations of brewpubs, this location is just shaping up to be one of those "cursed" retail spots. Being at the edge of a neighbourhood or tail end of streets continues to put it as a disadvantage.
The location is certainly awkward, almost tucked like an afterthought behind that awful Tim's plaza (which I'd love to see demolished). Sigh...I miss when it was still Lansdowne Brewery/Lot 30 Brewers (same ownership) - they had some decent, unique beers, the best interior decor that I've seen at any brewpub, and surpringly excellent food on their menu (early on at least). Mis-management did them in, because they really had something good going for quite some time. Then Woodhouse came and instantly ruined the look of the place with their lunkheaded unecessary reno.

Unfortunate news from People's Pint, they'll be closing due to rising costs/rent/financial struggles due to equipment malfunction last year. Sadly I don't think they'll be the only one this year.

That is indeed unfortunate. Very solid hipster brewery. I'm surprised they aren't trying to sell or partner with another local indie.

I asked on social, and People's Pint beer is only available at LCBO and bottle shops now. I'll go to my local shop and grab some later

Back