News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Old Flame Brewing Co. will be opening at 43 Tank House Lane in the Distillery District in early March. Their flagship brewery is located in Port Perry:

Love this credo...

We don’t have TVs and we encourage people to get off their phones. We love that wafting, biscuit-like, bready smell that fills the air and we want you to know that you’re sitting in a brewery.

Love this credo...

We don’t have TVs and we encourage people to get off their phones. We love that wafting, biscuit-like, bready smell that fills the air and we want you to know that you’re sitting in a brewery.

My mouth just watered while reading that.

Love this credo...

I love it too. There's way too many cozy brewpubs that give in to pressure and half-heartedly attempt to turn into something that they're not - ie., a sports bar. We need places that don't obsessively cater to the ever increasing ADHD-riddled segment of the population that can't handle not having a screen shoved in their faces for every waking moment.

Having said that, I'll be the first to admit that they can be a saving grace when the company you're with is a bore...

Support these local craft breweries as much as you can. Who knows how much longer they will be around with this new tax hike. They took a huge blow during Covid, plus inflation and shortages and they already pay some of the highest alcohol taxes in the world, now they are facing even more higher taxes. Poor guys can't catch a break. Won't hurt the billion dollar companies like Molson or Labatt's, they will still be making billions a year.

Trudeau is such an idiot. Craft breweries should be exempt from this tax hike

Support these local craft breweries as much as you can. Who knows how much longer they will be around with this new tax hike. They took a huge blow during Covid, plus inflation and shortages and they already pay some of the highest alcohol taxes in the world, now they are facing even more higher taxes. Poor guys can't catch a break. Won't hurt the billion dollar companies like Molson or Labatt's, they will still be making billions a year.

Trudeau is such an idiot. Craft breweries should be exempt from this tax hike

I believe this increase is less than a cent a can. The increase was announced in 2017.

I do think beer and liquor taxes are disproportionately high in Canada, but "Trudeau is an idiot" is a bit of a reach on this issue.

I believe this increase is less than a cent a can. The increase was announced in 2017.

I do think beer and liquor taxes are disproportionately high in Canada, but "Trudeau is an idiot" is a bit of a reach on this issue.

The world has changed since 2017,

Even if the increase didn't happen. Trudeau is still an idiot. He is a Conservative wolf in sheep’s clothing, such a sell out.

A 6.3% fed liquor tax hike may be “only pennies a bottle” but has devastating impact on hard working Canadians running local businesses as brewers, bars & restaurants are struggling with debt & higher costs after the pandemic

Last edited:
The world has changed since 2017,

Even if the increase didn't happen. Trudeau is still an idiot. He is a Conservative wolf in sheep’s clothing, such a sell out.

A 6.3% fed liquor tax hike may be “only pennies a bottle” but has devastating impact on hard working Canadians running local businesses as brewers, bars & restaurants are struggling with debt & higher costs after the pandemic

Or maybe not: (from the Federal Budget)

1680037649806.png

Back