Yes, the town homes seemed grossly overpriced.
Townhomes gonna take major hit... Cheapest ones were 1.5 Million plus developmental fees, closing costs, furniture etc... 20% down = 1.25 million mortgage. At 5.5% fixed rate for 5 years would be close to $7500. Plus maintenance, utilities, property tax, home insurance. $8500 a month is insane.

$100K plus a year holy. Before taxes thats like a $200K salary just for the townhome.

Last edited:
Townhomes gonna take major hit... Cheapest ones were 1.5 Million plus developmental fees, closing costs, furniture etc... 20% down = 1.25 million mortgage. At 5.5% fixed rate for 5 years would be close to $7500. Plus maintenance, utilities, property tax, home insurance. $8500 a month is insane.

$100K plus a year holy. Before taxes thats like a $200K salary just for the townhome.
All to live on a massive construction site for another 10 years.

Durham Region freeholds were going for 1.2m at peak so 1.5+ for a new build seems about right.

Reading that gave me indigestion.

Indeed. I wonder what the maintenance fee is?
It was around 20 cents / sqf. For a 2000 sqf one it would be close to $400. Keep in mind this will at least double within 1-2 years as is the case with new build strata towns unfortunately. Also the strata does not include water, heat, hydro, electricity etc...

It was around 20 cents / sqf. For a 2000 sqf one it would be close to $400. Keep in mind this will at least double within 1-2 years as is the case with new build strata towns unfortunately. Also the strata does not include water, heat, hydro, electricity etc...

What a disaster.

Does anyone have architectural/landscape plans for Brightwater II? Need to confirm if there's a green roof on Level 5.

Does anyone have architectural/landscape plans for Brightwater II? Need to confirm if there's a green roof on Level 5.
From the photos I took December 10th it is a gravel roof.

In the rendering, they depict a green roof at the rooftop of the building, which currently has gravel. I'm curious if the gravel roofs on level 5 and the rooftop will be transformed into green roofs?
Not likely since the green roof at the west end has already been installed.

BTW, Welcome to Urban Toronto!

Back