Pic taken July 28, 2011

Y02ui.jpg

lol. crazy how from the west, this tower makes a MASSIVE impact, but from the east, barely anything with Murano in the way.

I remember this as being UD's favorate view of Murano condos, I was waiting for a bit more height and completion of more glass to grab a shot from this area... but I still will in weeks to come :)

The more i look at the two (Murano and Burano), Burano looks very dull in comparison. I know the glass is very similar, but even when Burano is completed and occupied, i have a feeling it will still look the same. and it doesn't help that it is so bulky either....

Though i do love how it's looking from the Queens Park/University and College area. Along with the 880 Bay Proposal, U condos, etc... Queens park will end up feeling a bit more like Central Park looking east towards all those skyscrapers along Bay... awesome!

Burano doesn't have the staggered glass design that the two Murano towers have. Once the balcony glass goes in I think it'll shine nicely. It also has another 10 or so levels to go so I don't think it'll look that bulky once it's topped off, especially when viewed from the north or south.

The north and east sides of Burano today. Those balconies sure are skinny!

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The north and east sides of Burano today. Those balconies sure are skinny!

one of the coolest pics i've seen of Burano yet. I gotta say this is a pretty (masculine?) looking skyscraper. it's just in your face.... and i actually like the cladding colour when it reflects the sky., as, from a distance, it looks too dull for my liking. I dig Murano much more (cladding wise)... i'll enjoy it while i can, Burano's cladding's going up... Murano's, comin down (stupid attempt at a Murano joke)

Thanks steveve, and still about 8 or 9 more levels to go. I prefer Murano's glass too, same or similar glass I think, it's just not staggered. Burano has a great shape though, especially when viewed from the south or north, IMO.

Burano is catching up to the south Murano tower today, from my POV

i dig that POV ^^^, despite Murano's falling glass, they'll still very nice looking buildings on the skyline. I personally think that the glass is nicer than Burano next door,

Back