Are you serious?

You think the standard beige stucco, mass produced casement windows and $1 lighting looks great on a heritage rebuild? Use a wood composite siding if need be and traditional sash windows instead the modern casements. It's like those $1.5 plus million dollar McMansions sprouting up everywhere with a stone or brick front facade and stucco on all the other sides. Quantity over quality.

You think the standard beige stucco, mass produced casement windows and $1 lighting looks great on a heritage rebuild? Use a wood composite siding if need be and traditional sash windows instead the modern casements. It's like those $1.5 plus million dollar McMansions sprouting up everywhere with a stone or brick front facade and stucco on all the other sides. Quantity over quality.

Indeed ... shouldn't there be heritage preservation controls that Lanterra would have to adhere to? Where's City staff in the heritage approvals process here ??

The windows are fine to me. The stucco on the back looks pretty tacky but it is Lanterra who isn't the type of builder that's going to poor money into the details.

Dunno why you're all complaining, isn't the rear going to be hidden away by future townhouses anyways?

That's the excuse. Same goes for the multi-million dollar mcmansions with stone/brick in the front and stucco cheap windows in the rear. Unfortunate that buyers/ homeowners are willing to settle for it.

I think it might be more of a temporary enclosure until the rest of the project gets developed.

We'll see in a few years though.

Dunno why you're all complaining, isn't the rear going to be hidden away by future townhouses anyways?

Given how much these things will probably be sold for, as a buyer I'd have a problem with it. Sit in the backyard and look at that ugly stucco. Should have been bricked in. If you're going to work with heritage homes, you either have to go all in or just let someone else do it. You can't half ass it.

Updated plans and renderings have been added to the city planning applications portal. Gradually, this huge development is moving along.

Also indicated in the drawings is that the easternmost tower with the curved floorplate is part of a second phase, with the buildings to the west indicated as Phase 1.

The shortest tower in the trio has been dropped and replaced by a 1-storey retail pavilion, presumably due to the fact that it backs onto some existing detached homes.

The western-most tower and heritage component (Block 1, separated from the east portion of the site) are little changed, and seem the most developed. I could be wrong, but I imagine this western-most tower is what will be marketed and enter sales first.

Last edited:

Back